Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Nitrous.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 06:52 AM
Stealth_Stang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nitrous.

Have any one put it on G37 yet?

I have a Wet kit but it for 2003 Cobra. I want to put it on my G37S. The engine hi compression 11:1 will love nitrous, not TT or SC.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:55 AM
RedlineSi

No...

Nitrous doesn't belong on an Infiniti.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:32 AM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RedlineSi
No...

Nitrous doesn't belong on an Infiniti.
Not necessarily true. When the G35 first came out, the NA mods weren't doing crap but they were making decent numbers with nitrous.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:55 AM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I always thought high cylinder pressures (like with nitrous) were bad on high compression engines.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:28 PM
COUPE-DADDY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A small nitrous kit would work wonders for this car as far as track times go. Nitrous just provides so much TQ. The key would be software programming that would allow timing to be removed when you are spraying. Either that or race gas.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:44 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
it all depends what kit you want to run and how large of a shot you want to run. I am going to install a dry kit into each intake tube with a 25 jet in each. so total it will be a 50 shot. nothing major but it will help cool the charge a lot.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:47 AM
Stealth_Stang

Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
it all depends what kit you want to run and how large of a shot you want to run. I am going to install a dry kit into each intake tube with a 25 jet in each. so total it will be a 50 shot. nothing major but it will help cool the charge a lot.
What's else you have to do(Tune, Spark plugs........ect)?
Old 01-08-2008, 12:36 AM
KahnQuistador

Ya gotta love it. Why did you buy a G anyway?

Put no2 on your G and I'll run you in the 1/4 mile for titles with my GSR two out of three. I'll give you the first run for free. None of the "Pinks" crap, just two out of three head to head.

The man who built my GSR engine can kick my a$$ with his Honda Civic any time. We're talking mid 13's with my GSR vs. low 12's with his Civic. Catch my drift on this?

Why not buy a Rolls Royce, put a huge blower on it and autocross it? Makes more sense.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:26 AM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by KahnQuistador
Ya gotta love it. Why did you buy a G anyway?

Put no2 on your G and I'll run you in the 1/4 mile for titles with my GSR two out of three. I'll give you the first run for free. None of the "Pinks" crap, just two out of three head to head.

The man who built my GSR engine can kick my a$$ with his Honda Civic any time. We're talking mid 13's with my GSR vs. low 12's with his Civic. Catch my drift on this?

Why not buy a Rolls Royce, put a huge blower on it and autocross it? Makes more sense.
Are you serious you think your going to beat a G37 with spray with your GSR that you claim runs mid 13's? ok well G's have been running mid 13's stock. come on now.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:09 AM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
yea dude... honestly what is going through your mind? With some bolt ons and spray a g37 should hit high 12's...
Old 01-08-2008, 02:24 AM
KahnQuistador

Edmunds : "The G37 went through the quarter-mile in 13.9 seconds at 102.8 mph, a tick of the clock faster than a G35 sedan with a manual transmission."

I never said my GSR was stock. It will do the 1/4 mile in the mid 13's, low 13's on a cool day. I've driven it just past 150 MPH (ran out of road) and the shop estimates it should run just over 170 MPH (no rev limiter with the Hondata system). That would be a bit faster than the 155 limit on the G would it not? Maybe we should run a mile instead of 1/4 mile?

The JRSC @ 10 lbs. of boost, Hondata S200 and other mods do wonders for the GSR 1/4 mile times. I've made Mustang and BMW owners cry with it.

The G37 is a LOT heavier than my 2600 lb GSR which puts over 225 HP on the ground with a Quaife LSD and wheel hop mods. The GSR out runs my modified G35 (Motordyne, Crawford, Stillen, DC Sports) easily.

If you spray an 11:1 engine, you're likely to wind up with a grenade anyway.

Don't get me wrong here. I love my G35 and I'm about to buy a G37.

Care to run for titles? I don't need another car but I could put it on eBay and offset the cost of my new G37. LOL!
Old 01-08-2008, 02:25 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Drinking and the internet don't mix. I don't even think you would need to get some bolt-ons to get high 12s. A 150 or 200 shot of Nitrous I think would be enough if not get you mid 12s. I think my friend with a Roush stage II took off a second in his 1/4 mile with a 150 shot.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:32 AM
UNV-IT46

are you 12 or something? i think you have been watching too much pinks on speed. or maybe too much fast and furious. really come on. Do a little research one member on the board went 13.6 in his auto. Now your switching up and saying lets do top speed runs. come on now grow up dude.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:44 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Originally Posted by KahnQuistador
Edmunds : "The G37 went through the quarter-mile in 13.9 seconds at 102.8 mph, a tick of the clock faster than a G35 sedan with a manual transmission."

I never said my GSR was stock. It will do the 1/4 mile in the mid 13's, low 13's on a cool day. I've driven it just past 150 MPH (ran out of road) and the shop estimates it should run just over 170 MPH (no rev limiter with the Hondata system). That would be a bit faster than the 155 limit on the G would it not? Maybe we should run a mile instead of 1/4 mile?

The JRSC @ 10 lbs. of boost, Hondata S200 and other mods do wonders for the GSR 1/4 mile times. I've made Mustang and BMW owners cry with it.

The G37 is a LOT heavier than my 2600 lb GSR which puts over 225 HP on the ground with a Quaife LSD and wheel hop mods. The GSR out runs my modified G35 (Motordyne, Crawford, Stillen, DC Sports) easily.

If you spray an 11:1 engine, you're likely to wind up with a grenade anyway.

Don't get me wrong here. I love my G35 and I'm about to buy a G37.

Care to run for titles? I don't need another car but I could put it on eBay and offset the cost of my new G37. LOL!
OK, seriously kid! You are trying to compare you upgraded GSR to a stock G37. You don't even have a stock engine but a rebuilt one according to your original post. Kid come back in a couple months and you would get owned by a G37 with some mods if you are only doing mid 13s. How much did you pay for your GSR with your upgrades? Lets see, all someone would have to do would be to get an updated gear ratio, a turbo, and you would easily get owned. Kid if you are really interest in lossing your car and like to talk trash, I have a friend down in AZ that would love to beat you in a 1/4 mile with his Mustang. Since you claim they are no match for you as well. All he has is 150 shot of nitrous, upgrade gear ratio, cold air intake, and test pipes. Oh ya, he is getting low 12s with his setup kid. Stop racing people that are stock and start racing people with some mods....then come back and talk ****. Oh ya, you know the top speed on the G37 is governed right? Wait until the ECU reflash comes out and we will see about top speed. Flippin kids...
Old 01-08-2008, 02:49 AM
KahnQuistador

Ok, Terrible.
----
"the quarter-mile disappears in 11.8 seconds at 125.3 mph — a stunning 0.8 second and 7.9 mph better than the old car."

This is for the Viper rated at 600 hp, which peaks at 6,100 rpm. Torque is up to 560 pound-feet at 5,000 rpm.
----

This is just a bit quicker than what you say a modified G37 will do.

Let's get real. You're not going to see a G37 turning low 12 second quarter miles without some SERIOUS mods.

I didn't mean to start a fight, I just passed my physics classes with straight A's. With respect to automotive power, "ain't no replacement for displacement" and "ya gotta have the cubes to get the moves".

My point is that the G35s and G37s were never meant to be race cars. If you want to get serious about speed and power, buy a Ferrari.

Quick Reply: Nitrous.