Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Nitrous.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 06:55 PM
KahnQuistador

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, looking back at the posts, I have to apologize for not being more clear from the start.

I think we're all on the same page about just strapping on some nitrous and hitting the 1/4 mile. What a concept. It would be kind of cool to watch, though.

At least you guys got some laughs out of it and hope nobody got too mad.

Does being a troll last forever or does it wear off in time?
Old 01-08-2008, 06:57 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by KahnQuistador
Well, looking back at the posts, I have to apologize for not being more clear from the start.

I think we're all on the same page about just strapping on some nitrous and hitting the 1/4 mile. What a concept. It would be kind of cool to watch, though.

At least you guys got some laughs out of it and hope nobody got too mad.

Does being a troll last forever or does it wear off in time?
there is no problem with putting a kit on a stock G37 is the jets are small. Now if someone is going to try and spray a 250shot stock kaboom.....
Attached Thumbnails Nitrous.-heatballs.jpg  
Old 01-08-2008, 09:47 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^ lol
Old 01-08-2008, 10:06 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Keep it at 100 to be safe 150-200 is pushing it.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:55 PM
swiftshores

lol there goes my daily entertainment
Old 01-09-2008, 04:05 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

So who is going to nitrous their car? I thought about it at a much earlier time but I have heard that if not set up right it can really harm the engine. And I also want power that is consistent like through exhaust, intake, and FI mods. The only advantage of Nitrous, IMO, is that it is cheap and can supply a lot of cheap power.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:13 PM
KahnQuistador

You got it.

If nitrous isn't set up right, you can ruin your day and empty your wallet with the press of a button.

Consider the fact that nitrous isn't really usable except in a straight line. Hitting the nitrous button in a turn would be an E ticket ride for sure. That's why I prefer superchargers to turbos. Too much power coming on too fast on the autocross track in my case (not that I'll autocross the G ).

It would be a definate plus in the 1/4 mile but how many guys are going to do that with a G37?

I'm looking at the Stillen intake and free flow cats for now. Give the developers some time to build and test the other stuff. They don't even have headers yet.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:04 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Originally Posted by KahnQuistador
You got it.

If nitrous isn't set up right, you can ruin your day and empty your wallet with the press of a button.

Consider the fact that nitrous isn't really usable except in a straight line. Hitting the nitrous button in a turn would be an E ticket ride for sure. That's why I prefer superchargers to turbos. Too much power coming on too fast on the autocross track in my case (not that I'll autocross the G ).

It would be a definate plus in the 1/4 mile but how many guys are going to do that with a G37?

I'm looking at the Stillen intake and free flow cats for now. Give the developers some time to build and test the other stuff. They don't even have headers yet.
I agree, I don't think the G37 strenght will be in a 1/4 but I think it has some potentional on the track because it has good handling. Who knows though. Maybe someone will hook up the G to get close to 10s on the 1/4 mile. Would be a lot of work though.