Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Nitrous.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 03:08 AM
KahnQuistador

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Give me a break, bboy. I was hoping you'd see my point. We're talking apples and oranges here.

I have better sense than to run against Cobra Mustangs and similar with my GSR. On the other hand, I've run against other V8's and won.

Would your AZ buddy run his V8 Mustang against a paltry 1.8 liter F1 Ferrari in the 1/4 mile? Can that 'stang turn 0 - 60 in less than 3 seconds and 1/4 miles in less than 7 seconds? See my point?

Let's not fight here. The Gs are not race cars. If you're looking for that, get a new Nissan GTR. Cheap at only $70K. Coming soon to a dealer near you.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:26 AM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
first of all. I said HIGH 12's. With bolt ons spray and sticky tires. This is on the high side because i dont wanna seem like the person starting stuff like you are. No one even said the g was a race car. Your the one coming in here and starting things. If you want the G to be fast its not out of the question. TT kit and 4.5 liter stroker kit... Run 11's with the right tires

Last edited by TerribleONE453; 01-08-2008 at 03:35 AM.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:37 AM
G37RacerX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I couldn't possibly disagree more

Originally Posted by KahnQuistador
"ain't no replacement for displacement" and "ya gotta have the cubes to get the moves".
not true...
some Viper guys sell their cars to build one of these and vise versa

http://www.supraforums.com/

http://www.to4r.com/to4r.php
Old 01-08-2008, 03:47 AM
swiftshores

he makes me laugh. race for titles lol
Old 01-08-2008, 04:06 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Give me a break, bboy. I was hoping you'd see my point. We're talking apples and oranges here.

I have better sense than to run against Cobra Mustangs and similar with my GSR. On the other hand, I've run against other V8's and won.

Would your AZ buddy run his V8 Mustang against a paltry 1.8 liter F1 Ferrari in the 1/4 mile? Can that 'stang turn 0 - 60 in less than 3 seconds and 1/4 miles in less than 7 seconds? See my point?

Let's not fight here. The Gs are not race cars. If you're looking for that, get a new Nissan GTR. Cheap at only $70K. Coming soon to a dealer near you.
Ok, I really wanted to go to bed but I will write this up and then get some sleep. Now Kahn, EVERY car can be a race car. The definition of race car is "a fast car that races" and since fast is not a specific measurement of speed that means ANY CAR YOU RACE WITH IS A RACE CAR. Fast can be 1mph or 10000+ mph but that is all up to what someone or something interprets fast as. Now I have always seen and have been told that getting down to 12s in a 1/4 mile is not the hardest thing to do for a lot of cars but breaking that barrier is. I checked online and found some very low 12s that the older G35s were doing. The ones that were doing mid 14s stock. Of course it was upgraded but still. Now I have a Ford Focus and you might not consider that a race car but again they have Focus doing 9 second 1/4 with a drag race engine of course . And again on this 1/4 mile stuff you are talking about, that is but one aspect of racing. DRAG RACING. There are other types of racing as well:

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/racecar

Now when I hear of racing, I think track racing and not 1/4 mile just because with a 1/4 mile the skill required to get 10-13s is minimal. To get good times on a track you need to know how to drive and navigate the course. All I am trying to let you know is that the G37 can get a good time. Like it was mentioned earlier some individuals have gotten mid 13s on stock G37. We will see what happens when the mods start to come out for this car and people take it to the drag strip since you are interested in that 1/4 mile time.

And by the way, my friend would face a 1.8 liter F1 Ferrari. He is crazy like that. BTW he raced a Z06 Corvette and a 900HP Viper (don't remember the years) and beat the crap out of them. Why? Because the idiots didn't have there engined or boosted turned correctly on their cars. The Viper cracked its block I think halfway down the strip (to much boost) and I don't remember what happened to the Z06 but it got about 50 feet from the starting line. This was during a competition at the strip. The final winner of the drag racing was not my friends car (he did ok) but a 01 Mercury Cougar that was getting high 10 to 11 1/4 mile times. Now I am done with my rant and I am going to bed. Hopefully I didn't misspell any of these words! And just a reminder, any car that someone races is a race car, doesn't mean it is a good one but it is. Sports, GrandTurismo, or Formula cars are types of race cars...Good Night

Last edited by bboysteele; 01-08-2008 at 04:09 AM.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:49 AM
tampa pb

Ok, Terrible.
----
"the quarter-mile disappears in 11.8 seconds at 125.3 mph — a stunning 0.8 second and 7.9 mph better than the old car."

This is for the Viper rated at 600 hp, which peaks at 6,100 rpm. Torque is up to 560 pound-feet at 5,000 rpm.
----

This is just a bit quicker than what you say a modified G37 will do.

Let's get real. You're not going to see a G37 turning low 12 second quarter miles without some SERIOUS mods.

I didn't mean to start a fight, I just passed my physics classes with straight A's. With respect to automotive power, "ain't no replacement for displacement" and "ya gotta have the cubes to get the moves".

My point is that the G35s and G37s were never meant to be race cars. If you want to get serious about speed and power, buy a Ferrari.
forced induction. isnt there an audi coming out that is FI that has 420 HP that runs low 12's or high 11's? smaller engine, just turbo...

what i really dont understand is how you can talk so much trash about how fast your car is.. your FORCED INDUCTION POS honda.. and then say that the only way to get automotive power is through engine size...

either your little 4 cyl sucks, or you CAN make a car fast with some extras. pick one - and once you decide, dont post here again about your honda. keep it G related here. NOBODY will be impressed here with anything you say about a honda - it is still a honda.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:56 AM
tampa pb

Ok, Terrible.

My point is that the G35s and G37s were never meant to be race cars. If you want to get serious about speed and power, buy a Ferrari.
you are right about the first sentence. it is applicable for every production car for the commercial market.
what does a low end Ferrari cost? can you get one for 150? i dont even know.
lets say that you can get one for just 100... do you think i might be able to get more performance out of a modded G37 with $50,000 in custom work? i do.

your ignorance is amazing. just quit while you are behind.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:54 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Can some one tell me how old a GSR is? Did they have a CD player or Cassette Stock?
Im sure for the money you put in your GSR... take that and put it into a G37 or even a slower G35 and we would use your GSR for a Daily Driver.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:26 PM
TerribleONE453

Yea go FI and stroker kit on a g37 and watch it run with most of the top cars in world. This thread cracks me up
Old 01-08-2008, 02:52 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
stop arguing with this troll.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:16 PM
KRAZY J

Ok, Terrible.
----
"the quarter-mile disappears in 11.8 seconds at 125.3 mph — a stunning 0.8 second and 7.9 mph better than the old car."

This is for the Viper rated at 600 hp, which peaks at 6,100 rpm. Torque is up to 560 pound-feet at 5,000 rpm.
----

This is just a bit quicker than what you say a modified G37 will do.

Let's get real. You're not going to see a G37 turning low 12 second quarter miles without some SERIOUS mods.

I didn't mean to start a fight, I just passed my physics classes with straight A's. With respect to automotive power, "ain't no replacement for displacement" and "ya gotta have the cubes to get the moves".

Alright calm down Bimmer fan.... U kno they have Bmw forums for u also did u not?! WE all know that the Infiniti G37 and the Nissan GT-R are the most reasearched cars on the net but calm down
Old 01-08-2008, 03:26 PM
TerribleONE453

Originally Posted by speedracerg35
stop arguing with this troll.
Good call..
Old 01-08-2008, 04:42 PM
KahnQuistador

The troll must respond. See the initial post!

What you are saying is that you're going to take a BONE STOCK G37 3.7 liter V6 and find a way to strap a nitrous system on it designed for a 5.0 liter V8 Cobra Mustang.

You are going to take the G37 to the strip, wind it up and spray it with a bunch of nitrous while the G37 ECU is "thinking" it's running on good old air and has the timing and valve train set up accordingly.

Now, I'm willing to bet that spray will blow the top out of every piston in the G37 and probably cause it to spew engine parts everywhere. If the G37 has the same sort of plenum anomily that the G35 has, I suspect the front pistons will go first.

That's what betting is all about, isn't it? My "Pinks" comment means if you break, you're done. I might lose but I'm thinking that, under those conditions, the G37 will blow up. It's a risk I'd be willing to take.

Now, who's gonna take their new G37 and give it a try?

Don't get me wrong, guys. My daily driver is an 04 G35 and I'm on the list for an 08 G37 so I'm not dissing the G like some of you think. The GSR is fast but it's setup for autocrossing where I might reach a blistering 60 mph on occasion .

If you really must have nitrous on a G37, wait for somebody to make a system for it. I'll probably just do mine like my G35.

BTW, everything else being proportional more displacement makes more power. I kind of thought that went without saying.

Terrible, my bad, it was the 'stang that claimed low 12's and I agree with you.

I know most of you understood what you thought I said. Does this clear things up a bit?
Old 01-08-2008, 05:43 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
What you said to me clears things a lil. But when it comes down to it... there may be 2 people(Krazy people ) at best here that would strap on a nitrous kit without proper tuning.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:52 PM
TerribleONE453

that for sure clears things up.. now i have no more entertainment damn. lol

Quick Reply: Nitrous.