Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

A Word From Cobb Tuning...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 10:44 PM
siug37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The AccessPort is probably one of the safest devices out there.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:54 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the head lights are nice. for sure. People can open them up themselves and have a shop paint them.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:56 PM
Blk-G35

Originally Posted by siug37
The Accessport, first and foremost. I want the Cobb suspension I had on the STi.
+1 that for me since I haven't heard anything from Technosquare for ages. The premapped ECU reflash would be preferred depending on number of modification on the car but even in stock trim with only K&N filter swap we should be able to gain some HP an TQ with raised RMP limiter to 8200 or so.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:39 AM
Mr. Brooks

Keep the ideas coming.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:15 AM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
wow a tuning device for the G37....okay intake and exhaust wouln't be so bad with something like that or TS' reflash. but cams would be great...get some mild cams that don't scrifice the low end too much but pull linear and great at the high end. maybe raising the rev limiter to 500rpm with the reflash...

the bolt on external breathing mods seem to be very efficient already...have found any bottle necks anywhere Mr. Brooks? let us know what your findings are so far...
Old 11-28-2007, 12:17 PM
Mr. Brooks

Currently, we have tested the intakes that we had on the G at SEMA on a 2007 350Z and found we need to make a slight change to the housing. There is no good way to test the restriction on the intakes themselves, but I have an idea, so as soon as I get our revised MAF housing, I will give you an update on intake restriction/bottle necks. As far as exhaust, we are working on cat pipes since the mounting flanges have changed a little compared to the previous generation G35/350Z. We have not tested the exhaust on our dyno as of yet. We are still breaking in the motor, so it should not be too much longer before we can get it on the dyno.

Last edited by Mr. Brooks; 11-28-2007 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:30 PM
cvt

Mr. Brooks...you are making me excited. Now i can't get up from my desk.

Keep us posted please...
Old 11-28-2007, 08:30 PM
cyberjock4hire

We really need a tuner that we can plug into the OBD2 or whatever access point is used for this car. When you run an after market CAI you will change the potential availability of oxygen and the MAF devices in the air intake need to be able to relay this to the computer to take advantage of this. You may also want to step up the octane level in the fuel and advance the timing as well. This will all result in real gains in engine performance.
Not to highlight my stupidity, but I had a 2005 Ford Mustang GT (untill I discovered Ford quality and what Job 1 really meant) and when you got a new mod like a CAI, exhaust system, you could just get a tune from a well known and established shop that took advantage of these parts and wound up adding real HP and TQ to your rear wheels.
For example, if you switched to a Cold Air Intake (CAI), you would get a tune that would let the engine take advantage of the higher volume of oxygen available. If you switched to a different octane level, you would re-flash the cars computer to a tune that would have advance the timing a few degrees and make even more HP/TQ. You could easily add 25HP and 20 FT/lbs TQ at THE WHEELS with a CAI, run 93 octane and have a tune at a cost of about $750 for the tuner, tune and parts.
I am really surprised that this does not exist for our car. I have seen and heard there are places you can send out the cars (G37) computer to be re-flashed, but for me, that represents too much of a risk. Not for my car. I would rather break it myself, than have something lost or broken in transit.
From my mustang I have learned a few things, never purchase anything from a Ford dealer, Mods are certainly worth it when real world performance gains are demonstrated. We do not seem to be there yet, but I continue to hope for the availability of a twin turbo kit.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:36 PM
cvt

i have seen ads for the accessport from cobb tuning in 0-60 magazine and lists the G37 as an availability...yet nothing is on their website?

i'm wondering what the progess is with the tuning device for our car....or any other products for that matter...
Old 12-14-2007, 12:41 PM
Mr. Brooks

We are currently finalizing the intakes and the exhaust, so the intakes should be available hopefully in January. The AccessPORT is in the works and should be available sometime during the 1st quarter.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:23 PM
maxipad96

Mr. Brooks? Any preliminary pricing? Should we expect to be competitive with Fujita or more along the lines of Stillen in terms of price?
Old 12-14-2007, 01:48 PM
cvt

Originally Posted by Mr. Brooks
The AccessPORT is in the works and should be available sometime during the 1st quarter.
YES!!!

Also would your intakes be CARB#s. Us cali guys have to play nice with random inspections
Old 12-14-2007, 05:22 PM
peterbanks

Originally Posted by Mr. Brooks
The AccessPORT is in the works and should be available sometime during the 1st quarter.
Originally Posted by cvt
YES!!!

I'll second that!!!
Old 12-14-2007, 06:34 PM
Justin @ COBB

Originally Posted by cvt
Also would your intakes be CARB#s. Us cali guys have to play nice with random inspections
That is also in the works. No timeframes as of yet, but we are working towards a more CARB friendly status.

Keep an eye on our blog page...a lot of development information gets posted there: http://blogs.cobbtuning.com/

- Justin

Last edited by Justin @ COBB; 12-14-2007 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:49 PM
cvt

Nice! A good sign a recognized and devoted aftermarket company has got our backs.

thanks for looking out and for the support!

Quick Reply: A Word From Cobb Tuning...