Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

first oil change

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 09:57 AM
WasabiPossum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
there are little fairy's in your motor called oil fairy's. they bathe in your oil and if you dont change your oil they cant stay clean. Save the fairy's change your oil....
I believe you meant to say "Fairies," (and "Oil Fairies") plural, as opposed to "fairy's," the singular form with that there apostrophe making it possessive, as in the "Fairy's" oil, meaning their 'bath liquid,' or 'wetting solution.'

Anyway, the "Nasty Ol' Spelling and Grammar Police" agree that you have to keep those little critters c-l-e-an! Follow the Owner's Manual guidelines on oil changes. If you drive in really dirty, dusty conditons all the time, then it's in order to change the oil AND the filter more frequently.

I don't have my G yet, (ratz!!) so can't comment about what the manual might have to say about driving/climate condition differences and oil changes.

Waiting until the lease runs out on my S2000 before I can get a G37s (Sport/Navi/Spoiler) is pure Hell! Eight months to go ... an eternity when you're new-car hungry.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:29 PM
WasabiPossum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More Oil Change Info

Just saw this over on the "6MT," posted by 'dmkozak.' Excerpted:

<"The [G37] Service and Maintenance Guide lists two service intervals, based on driving usage. Service 1 for short trips, stop and go traffic, long distance low speed trips, dusty conditions, etc.; change every 3,750 miles. Service 2 for "generally, only highway driving in temperate conditions"; change every 7,500 miles. It looks like Infiniti wants you to change every 3,750 miles unless you are doing pretty much all highway driving in non-extreme temperature ranges.>"

Thanks dm!