ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2024, 05:56 AM
Spee
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dyno results

Hi guys, just wanted to share this with you and get your opinion, this is the dyno results for my 2013 G37 iPL on stock air intake and stock exhaust and a cat delete.

Respectable gains in my opinion, but I would love to hear from you all.

Old 01-23-2024, 09:40 AM
BULL
Moderador

Received 736 Likes on 573 Posts
Hello there, those numbers are pretty respectable in my opinion. If you would have had cats in good condition you probably would have yielded similar numbers. Now that there's a cat delete it's possible that your airfuel's are running a bit leaner up top.

The IPL is different ECM wise than all others being that its ECM is supposed to be tuned a bit more aggressively than stock. This is a great baseline to start with, unfortunately you'll see smaller gains than non-IPL vehicles being that your tuning is somewhat already there. It will still like a factory vehicle try to compensate for every modification and fall behind on it forcing you in the future to tune.

You should start with some goals first, at 356 TQ which is a bit on the high side will feel amazing but as you modify more and more to obtain more power this number will go down faster than what power can pick up.

Expect to pick up another 10-15whp with heavy bolt ons but drop 20+ TQ as you move up the power band the TQ lowers.

If you haven't done drop in air filters these should help. Controversial but proven true will be opening up the air feeds to the OEM boxes. It's one of those that will make more power without dropping TQ that much.

Lastly will be exhaust. You can seriously get this one wrong, cat delete will introduce some drone/rasp which at the moment might not be too noticeable because of how amazing the COUPE muffler design is. You will have to introduce quite a bit of resonance to the exhaust if you are planning on getting rid of the oem canister. Single exits will produce the most power and can hang on the TQ decently being that both banks help each other out. In a dual design both banks merge then separate this separation can introduce additional restrictions.

Good luck.
Old 01-23-2024, 10:39 AM
backman_66
Registered Member

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts
BULL did you even read the numbers? Something isn't right with this dyno. Why is your baseline so low and you claim the only change you made was a cat delete which netted you 80HP and 54TQ? And our engines don't make that much TQ. Usually it's around 260-270ish I believe.
Old 01-23-2024, 10:57 AM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 481 Likes on 403 Posts
Unless his cats were toast and blocking things up. Which... the before numbers jive with what I've seen for stock VQs so :shrug:
Old 01-23-2024, 11:10 AM
backman_66
Registered Member

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts
I have never seen any stock VQ engine make 223whp. You're telling me there is a 32% HP loss from the factory crank rated HP (328) just from bad cats? Typical drivetrain loss alone is only 15-17%. They would've had to be in terribly bad condition. And you still didn't address the torque. No VQ engine makes that much torque unless boosted.
Old 01-24-2024, 01:43 PM
BULL
Moderador

Received 736 Likes on 573 Posts
I think is a mistake or at least hope.

My observations:
25 mins of difference between red line vs blue line which in my experience base lines are usually done with all met parameters especially a crispy exhaust. This would mean that in 25 minutes the car would need to come off the dyno, into the lift and touched by the fastest technician in this world that would wirelessly intimidate every nut and bolt just by looking at them. In that process since that would be the coolest of techs he would cool down the exhaust in 2 minutes just by his radiance. Clean it all via his laser sight precision and back onto the dyno where his might would warm it all up just in time to give that second run.

I say it's a fluke, possibly done in Drive or DS incorrectly, could have been a run with faulty VTC or so, the dip is right at 6k which is vvel engagement.

Now hypothetically he would have had clogged cats which can kill performance that bad and the reason it was done in that time was that the tech pulled the Y pipe and wallowed out the stock cats giving a "cat delete"

In all honesty I didnt pay much attention to the baseline being that many times that close in time 90% of the time is a mistake. I usually try to pay attention to the last run which in this case is an average and respectable number.
Being that most average between 290-297whp stock 303whp would explain a leaner mix but less restriction

Now I'm curious about if that's an accurate baseline and how it was obtained and if the time stamp is accurate. Damn y'all
Old 01-25-2024, 01:54 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 481 Likes on 403 Posts
Y'all looked at this in way more depth than I did. Kudos

I'm wondering what the story is here too.
The following users liked this post:
backman_66 (01-25-2024)
Old 09-15-2024, 05:41 AM
Spee
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Catch up

Hey guys, owner here, it took me some time but I figured out what was wrong.

We did hollow out the cats, but apparently a junk of the cat travelled down the exhaust and was blocking littrellly the exhaust tip that’s why our numbers were weird
Also the spark plugs were in terrible shape and I suspect the injectors need cleaning or replacing.

I have been driving it like this, I have went back for a re tune, I have been swapped up with work and I just baby it but soon I will get it returned and post the results here.