ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

Stillen SC Uprev Mod?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 06:26 PM
SPDCRZ

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Stillen SC Uprev Mod?

I have heard through the grape vine that there may be a way to free up the program that stillen and uprev put together for the SuperCharger.

Now I don't know if anyone has the information for it, or knows anyone who has done this, but I am curious about it. I would like to advance my timing a bit on the charger as I am running Meth and 94 octane and it should be safe, but Stillen has yet to open up the programing to do this.

So in short I am wondering if anyone has modified the programming to allow changes on what stillen and uprev has done.. Please let me know!
Old 08-13-2012, 06:30 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There sure is! You can get a custom tune by your local uprev tuner. You will need to buy a new Uprev software and your tuner will have to start from scratch. Keep in mind that by doing this you will no longer be covered under their warranty except for the blower and will not be carb legal.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:45 AM
SPDCRZ

Anything online that can be downloaded?
Old 08-14-2012, 03:03 AM
seymore4
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Its not freeware, and there are no bootleg or hacked versions of uprev software. gotta pay to play man.

But the stillen canned tune really is garbage... you should get a proper tune regardless
Old 08-14-2012, 02:22 PM
SPDCRZ

Originally Posted by seymore4
Its not freeware, and there are no bootleg or hacked versions of uprev software. gotta pay to play man.

But the stillen canned tune really is garbage... you should get a proper tune regardless
This is what I was noticing. They are coming out with a new tune in a few months i heard but I want to change a few things. Hmm... Any up rev tuners in bc Canada?
Old 08-14-2012, 02:35 PM
seymore4
Registered Member

No matter what I wouldn't trust a canned tune with aftermarket FI on our cars. Just too many variables, they have to set it up super conservative because there's such a wide range of setups, regions, and fuels that it has to work with.. If you don't mind a little drive I know that Lawrence at Intec Racing in Seattle has tuned a couple 37's with stillen kits, as well as a bunch of turbo setups. He's been doing Uprev since the beginning
Old 08-15-2012, 07:28 PM
SPDCRZ

Originally Posted by seymore4
No matter what I wouldn't trust a canned tune with aftermarket FI on our cars. Just too many variables, they have to set it up super conservative because there's such a wide range of setups, regions, and fuels that it has to work with.. If you don't mind a little drive I know that Lawrence at Intec Racing in Seattle has tuned a couple 37's with stillen kits, as well as a bunch of turbo setups. He's been doing Uprev since the beginning
Ya I actually went straight to the source and talked with uprev techs and they said I will have to go to Seattle. So... Going to have to plan a trip out there one of these days I guess.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:03 PM
seymore4
Registered Member

I would go sooner rather than later, a custom dyno tune makes a world of difference with FI.