ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

Ecu tunes and big brother

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 06:26 PM
trcb777

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I completely agree that if you play you got to pay and of course an auto company should not be responsible for a tuned car that breaks. The point is that it sounds like the auto manufacturers are staring to change there stance on this and go on the offensive. Some dealerships were known as "mod friendly" and now at Audi that will not happen. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out and if it changes the fine print on leases and maybe a new category on a car fax report.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:33 AM
MACS

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
I agree with BB to a point. Essentially they're saying "if you mod your car, the warranty is voided". All well and good... but if I put coils on my car and they refuse to fix a window motor... I'm gonna be pissed.

I can understand their reservation if the repair needed was caused by, or could have been caused by, the mod. But to void the whole damn warranty? Excessive.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:05 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by MACS
I agree with BB to a point. Essentially they're saying "if you mod your car, the warranty is voided". All well and good... but if I put coils on my car and they refuse to fix a window motor... I'm gonna be pissed.

I can understand their reservation if the repair needed was caused by, or could have been caused by, the mod. But to void the whole damn warranty? Excessive.
We agree on that too. I'm speaking specifically to things affected or potentially affected by the mods. Yours was a good example. I don't think most dealerships would deny something like that. Your entire warranty isn't void. Just on anything that is or could possibly be affected by the mod.