ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

Hypertech Review (7AT '09 G37S) + Dynos

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 07:03 PM
TL37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
uh oh... I got the hypertech a week ago and was trying to install it but my clutch died on me so have to get it fixed by the dealership... I better get a dyno as well after patching in the HT.. if it gets weaker.. I definitely am going to ask for a refund..
Old 04-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Adam West
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
I'm wondering since you had intakes on the car if that has something to do with it. 30whp sounds very excessive in either case. I know typically Hypertech develops the tunes to work with stock engines and no bolt on parts. Intakes tend to wreck havoc with engine management programs quite often, so it has me wondering. I know there was another member (bat6wc) who dyno'd the HT on a G35 and have gains similar to HT claims.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:56 PM
borfoo3
Registered Member

@Adam West: That's exactly what I have in mind right now.. I mentioned it in my other thread (Hypertech vs Osiris?) before I decided to get this unit and I remember a post by Hypertech saying that it should be fine with mild upgrades.. (i.e. not turbos, nitrous...etc)
Old 04-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Adam West
Registered Member

Also, did you perform a dyno run back to back on the same day with removing the tune and re-adding it? I think that is the only true way to know if you perform a same day tune and evaluate the power curve. Another thought here, wonder if you answered 'no' to the power tune option on the HT and left the 0-60 on if you would see a difference as well.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:26 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Remember the HT's tune is designed for stock G's. Part of what's necessary to improve the stock G's performance is leaning out the AFR, just installing a Gen 3 will do that as well, the combo leaned out too much as is evident by the AFR. Lesson here is that if you have mods, the HT is not for you, until they release updates for specific mods.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:43 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by RedG37SNC
Remember the HT's tune is designed for stock G's. Part of what's necessary to improve the stock G's performance is leaning out the AFR, just installing a Gen 3 will do that as well, the combo leaned out too much as is evident by the AFR. Lesson here is that if you have mods, the HT is not for you, until they release updates for specific mods.
The ETA from HT was January, but they keep putting it off.

Anyone need a Hypertech?
Ill apply the funds towards Uprev.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:48 PM
amf25

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
seeing these graphs, wonder about dyno numbers WITHOUT the performance tune, and just the 0-60 throttle restriction off. then u could have basically gen3-only hp numbers together with no throttle lag.

definitely interested in updated info on this issue. underscores the need for a gen3 specific HT map...
Old 04-06-2011, 09:56 PM
Adam West
Registered Member

Originally Posted by RedG37SNC
Hrmm he said a/f in the 13's, that isn't excessively lean unless the G responds unfavorably to anything above 12. I guess if he was on the high end of 13's he might be getting into some detonation depending upon fuel. I had this issue on another car where the knock sensor was pulling timing back when the a/f was 13.8-14:1 on 93 octane. Best power for that car was 13.2:1 across the board.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:11 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Adam West
Hrmm he said a/f in the 13's, that isn't excessively lean unless the G responds unfavorably to anything above 12. I guess if he was on the high end of 13's he might be getting into some detonation depending upon fuel. I had this issue on another car where the knock sensor was pulling timing back when the a/f was 13.8-14:1 on 93 octane. Best power for that car was 13.2:1 across the board.
Agree it's not excessive, but there's no doubt timing changes as well, point is with mods, HT's not a winning tune and never was intended to support mods with this tune anyway.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Adam West
Registered Member

I'll agree with that statement. Maybe I need to get off my lazy butt and find an AWD dyno around MD/VA and do a back-to-back HT comparo myself.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:35 PM
borfoo3
Registered Member

What you guys said seems reasonable.. there might be a good ending with the 0-60 restriction off + no performance adjustments.. but the unit's heading back, and I have no intention of paying it's price to the dyno shop in testing.. especially since I'm expecting the HFC n Catback pretty soon..

all I have to say is: UpRev, ur next!
Old 04-06-2011, 10:40 PM
coolraz

Originally Posted by Adam West
I'll agree with that statement. Maybe I need to get off my lazy butt and find an AWD dyno around MD/VA and do a back-to-back HT comparo myself.
Let us know when you find one. I got uprev and after getting intake+exhaust put on next month I definetely need a custom tune with dyno.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:08 PM
A_Palaroan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good thing i waited on this!
Old 04-06-2011, 11:11 PM
MrBig

Originally Posted by borfoo3
What you guys said seems reasonable.. there might be a good ending with the 0-60 restriction off + no performance adjustments.. but the unit's heading back, and I have no intention of paying it's price to the dyno shop in testing.. especially since I'm expecting the HFC n Catback pretty soon..

all I have to say is: UpRev, ur next!
The guy (owner I think) at Dyno-Comp was telling me that there is not much that a tune can do for these engines. But a loss, WTF... Guess it's time to get a super charger and headers. STILLEN : STILLEN 370Z / G37 Intercooled Supercharger System Maybe we can get a deal if we both go there together.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:18 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^^ get an ever better deal and get the GTM SC. It actually lives up to the numbers posted and has had alot less issues then the stillen kit.

Quick Reply: Hypertech Review (7AT '09 G37S) + Dynos