Anyone know how to change the xenon bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 04:01 PM
BeerViper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know how to change the xenon bulbs?

Just got a set of Philips Ultinon 6000K bulbs and went to throw them in last night not realizing that there is zero room behind the headlamp enclosure to pull the bulb out. I searched for a DIY but didn't come up with anything but '06 projector retrofit...

The service manual says you have to drop the front bumper then unscrew the entire headlamp assembly and remove it. Is there any other way to do it besides this?
Old 04-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Moog
Premier Member

You can go through the wheel well. I changed mine out before. Might be able to help you this weekend.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:36 PM
g35rcr

take your wheel off and take the liner off...or you can turn the wheel all the way to the right for the driver side and pull the liner down and repeat but backwards for the passenger side...make sure to wear clean gloves when handling the bulbs
Old 04-12-2006, 05:30 PM
hyperlitesmu

Originally Posted by BeerViper
Just got a set of Philips Ultinon 6000K bulbs and went to throw them in last night not realizing that there is zero room behind the headlamp enclosure to pull the bulb out. I searched for a DIY but didn't come up with anything but '06 projector retrofit...

The service manual says you have to drop the front bumper then unscrew the entire headlamp assembly and remove it. Is there any other way to do it besides this?

OMG!!!! It's the upgraded headlight mod....SWEET!!!! That'll put your car in the 10's for sure! Congrats on that.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:02 PM
theeggman

Originally Posted by hyperlitesmu
OMG!!!! It's the upgraded headlight mod....SWEET!!!! That'll put your car in the 10's for sure! Congrats on that.
That was one of my first mods. Thru the wheel well g35rcr is correct.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:49 PM
JJs G

i put some PIAA bulbs in my clearence strip because the stock bulbs suck hand downs... no offense or anything... and i just simply turned my wheels for each side giving me some more room to work with... pull back the fender liner and got to it just like that itll be the same process here.... and BTW because of the small ammount of space... its a pain in the @55 to turn that black circle thing you have to remove from behind the head light... just letting you know...
Old 05-01-2006, 04:24 PM
BeerViper

Well big props to JD!!!

During our last meet at Posado's on 4/21 I was showing everyone the cloudiness that forms over the headlight lens cover and turned on the lights. I still had not installed the Ultinon 6000K bulbs I purchased from someone on the forum.

It was at this point when JD walked over and told me that the reflective housing inside the lights had a crack and is a defect. He said just bring it into Grubbs and they'll replace it. So last Thursday I went into Grubbs to have them fix one other warranty item and mentioned the crack in the lights. When I picked up my car later that evening it came out with brand spanking new headlight assemblies on both sides, with all new bulbs pre-installed!!!!!

So where this leaves me now is with 2 Philips Ultinon 6000K xenon bulbs that I don't really need anymore ... anyone interested?
Old 05-01-2006, 04:45 PM
GlenRoseFireFighter

Well big props to JD!!!

During our last meet at Posado's on 4/21 I was showing everyone the cloudiness that forms over the headlight lens cover and turned on the lights. I still had not installed the Ultinon 6000K bulbs I purchased from someone on the forum.

It was at this point when JD walked over and told me that the reflective housing inside the lights had a crack and is a defect. He said just bring it into Grubbs and they'll replace it. So last Thursday I went into Grubbs to have them fix one other warranty item and mentioned the crack in the lights. When I picked up my car later that evening it came out with brand spanking new headlight assemblies on both sides, with all new bulbs pre-installed!!!!!

So where this leaves me now is with 2 Philips Ultinon 6000K xenon bulbs that I don't really need anymore ... anyone interested?
Jon, glad to see you start taking OWNERSHIP of that damn car. No more (Randys_G) in your sig. Good luck on the sale.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:50 PM
Melissa

Well big props to JD!!!

I'm going to have to have a talk with him... He's supposed to be my little, mexican worker bee!!!
Old 05-01-2006, 05:08 PM
BeerViper

Originally Posted by Randys_G
Jon, glad to see you start taking OWNERSHIP of that damn car. No more (Randys_G) in your sig. Good luck on the sale.
Yes Randy, the grace period is over and it just feels right to call her mine now. I will probably throw the bulbs up here on the boards where I got them in the first place.

As for that issue I was telling you about ... I found out some new info on it today, booger has been helpful as usual over at my350... http://my350z.com/forum/showthread.p...65#post2351665
Old 05-01-2006, 05:10 PM
BeerViper

Originally Posted by Melissa
I'm going to have to have a talk with him... He's supposed to be my little, mexican worker bee!!!
It's May 1, 2006 ... he's got the day off

*runs*
Old 05-01-2006, 05:15 PM
Melissa

It's May 1, 2006 ... he's got the day off

*runs*
He didn't request it off... he's fired!!!