Texas Fastest Street Car Shakedown 3/25/06

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 01:42 PM
BeerViper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going also but not sure if I can meet at noon with you...

Like I said, I'm just planning on going for some time trials ... not sure if I'll stick around for the whole show or not...
Old 03-25-2006, 09:03 AM
theeggman

Good I spoke to Dan from DFWCC and they are having a car show and Enkie wheel raffle at this event as well. I will see you guys at the track.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:10 PM
theeggman

It was a good time at the track and show last night. The weather was perfect and we got to watch and participate in some fun events.

I have some video of Jon on the track which I hope I can get to him tomorrow and maybe he will post it for all to see.

Thanks to the folks from DFWCC for helping put on this event.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:45 PM
hyperlitesmu

PICTURES/VIDEOS.....I know you have some BeerViper. Dangit! WHat am I supposed to do at work tomorrow man. You're killing me here!!!!!
Old 03-26-2006, 10:28 PM
theeggman

Originally Posted by hyperlitesmu
PICTURES/VIDEOS.....I know you have some BeerViper. Dangit! WHat am I supposed to do at work tomorrow man. You're killing me here!!!!!

He was too busy going down the track to take pictures. I think he made 5 runs and made us proud. Randy even took his truck for a spin down the 1/4 mile. I took home another trophy for Best Import. I hope you can join us next time. I think the next date is Friday April 7th.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:49 AM
GlenRoseFireFighter

UPDATE!!! For those who went...

Remember that brand new C6 Z06 that was running there? When you guys left, people continued to do the time trials. The Z06 broke his half shaft when shifting from 1st to 2nd. What's up with Z06's and this track? First, one crashed there running against me and now this. The Z06 was right off of the lot.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:52 AM
GlenRoseFireFighter

yeah, and regarding BeerVipers_G...his fastest run of the day was a 13.4 @ 107...he ran 13.5's consistantly. He beat a new Mustang, an Evo VIII and a boosted Integra (if I remember correctly). My truck ran a whopping 18.6! I coulda ran the 1/4 faster! I'd be real interested to see what David's car does there. Jon's car has real potential with slicks because his time was wasted on his 60'. If he could get his 60' sub 2 seconds, he's be running 12's. But it's not possible with street tires.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:31 PM
BeerViper

I was able to take some pictures but nothing too exciting. I'll post them up tonight!
Old 03-27-2006, 12:35 PM
BeerViper

Originally Posted by theeggman
He was too busy going down the track to take pictures. I think he made 5 runs and made us proud.
Yes the line was kind of long for time trials since at around 5pm they started the index runs so each class got to run before they resumed time trials. I just kept jumping back in line each time. I handed my camera off to Randy for my second to last run and he took a "movie" from my digital camera. That was a messed up run though.

Originally Posted by theeggman
Randy even took his truck for a spin down the 1/4 mile. I took home another trophy for Best Import. I hope you can join us next time. I think the next date is Friday April 7th.
Congrats on another 1st place trophy Robert!
Old 03-27-2006, 12:38 PM
BeerViper

Originally Posted by Randys_G
UPDATE!!! For those who went...

Remember that brand new C6 Z06 that was running there? When you guys left, people continued to do the time trials. The Z06 broke his half shaft when shifting from 1st to 2nd. What's up with Z06's and this track? First, one crashed there running against me and now this. The Z06 was right off of the lot.
Wow, that guy had no business driving that car down the dragstrip!!! People were saying he was the owner of a local Chevy dealership ... apparently just because you own a car dealership that sells high performance cars doesn't necessarily mean you know how to drive them! I'm sure it will just be a warranty issue
Old 03-27-2006, 02:00 PM
JD_AND_DA_G_RIDE

Originally Posted by BeerViper
Wow, that guy had no business driving that car down the dragstrip!!! People were saying he was the owner of a local Chevy dealership ... apparently just because you own a car dealership that sells high performance cars doesn't necessarily mean you know how to drive them! I'm sure it will just be a warranty issue
Man, it sure sounds like you guys had a hellatime out there..wish i could have made it...got stuck with errands all day long and then had to be the other side of the state..ha.ha..dat evening so it just didnt leave me time. Hope to see everyone soon for another G meet now dat the weather is getting nice again.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:26 PM
firefox

Originally Posted by Randys_G
yeah, and regarding BeerVipers_G...his fastest run of the day was a 13.4 @ 107...he ran 13.5's consistantly. He beat a new Mustang, an Evo VIII and a boosted Integra (if I remember correctly). My truck ran a whopping 18.6! I coulda ran the 1/4 faster! I'd be real interested to see what David's car does there. Jon's car has real potential with slicks because his time was wasted on his 60'. If he could get his 60' sub 2 seconds, he's be running 12's. But it's not possible with street tires.
Wow, that's kind of freaky. Sounds like it was a good time overall. I wish I could have made it, but I ended up proposing to my fiancee this weekend.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:29 PM
hyperlitesmu

Originally Posted by firefox
Wow, that's kind of freaky. Sounds like it was a good time overall. I wish I could have made it, but I ended up proposing to my fiancee this weekend.

Everybody now.........1.....2.......3.......AAAAAAAAAAAAAWWW WWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

So......what did she say.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:39 PM
theeggman

Originally Posted by firefox

Congrats on your engagement. Now you can take that comment on the Vortech coming soon off of your signature. You know she won't let you have that, she will make the plans for your money now. LOL

Last edited by theeggman; 03-27-2006 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:05 PM
firefox

Everybody now.........1.....2.......3.......AAAAAAAAAAAAAWWW WWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

So......what did she say.
She said yes. Actually, it was more like a "hell, yeah". It's all in the timing.

Quick Reply: Texas Fastest Street Car Shakedown 3/25/06