Speeding Ticket...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 05:23 PM
JJs G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speeding Ticket...

I got a speeding ticket for 62 in 40 on my lunch break because i was in a hurry to get back. Isnt there like a Firm or something in dallas where you pay them and they get your ticket dissmissed for you?
I talked to couple old friends a while back and dont exactly remember what its called just that you pay someone and they get your ticket dissmissed

any one got some info i would greatly appreciate it

thanks JJ Patel
Old 02-04-2006, 05:43 PM
KingTuTG35

yes - they're called traffic lawyers - you can find them at the bottom of the ocean - or in the phone book
Old 02-04-2006, 06:22 PM
JJs G

lol.... thanks?

any recomendations?
Old 02-04-2006, 07:34 PM
KingTuTG35

you're in tarrant county right? I think a lawyer with the last name Lollar or Lolar or maybe it's Loller may be able to help you or refer you to someone that can.

If you're in dallas county - I have used a guy named Randall Scott a few times.

If it's a minor ticket though I would suggest trying to get deferred adjudication, pay the fine, and dont get another ticket for the probation period and it'll get dismissed. But it depends on the deferred adjudication rules of the city you got stopped in. Some have 20 mile over limits - others might have 25 mile over limits in order to qualify for deferred.

With a lawyer involved the best situation would be that he calls trial and the cops does not show up.

worst situation is cop shows up for the trial and you're found guilty and they charge you with the fine, sentence you to defensive driving, and it goes on your record.

Your goal should be to AVOID getting the ticket on your record at all costs - even if it ends up costing you say $500 to clear things up.

If it's major like...ummm getting pulled over by darel and darel on I-49 cutting thru Lousy-anna in the middle of the night doing 120+ because your girl friend in florida wouldn't let you leave until sunday afternoon to get home to dallas and then you remembered that you had a meeting on monday morning and last minute tickets were like $1000 and you only decided to pull over when they gave chase....then you may need a lawyer

hope that helps. Signing yourself up for deferred is probably your best option if it's available.

good luck
Old 02-04-2006, 08:13 PM
JJs G

i got my ticket in Fort Worth, Tarrant county. On the corner of North Beach St. and Basswood drive. 62 in 40 stopped by a motorcycle cop.. never saw him =/ but i think the limit is 25mph over? from wat ive herd... thanks for the info
Old 02-05-2006, 11:53 PM
BeerViper

I just got a ticket in Keller last weekend doing 42 in a 30. Since I am new to TX I asked a bunch of questions (hoping not to **** the cop off). He told me about the deffered disposition (adjudication). He said that since I was only 12 mph over that I was eligible for this and that it would stay off my record and not be reported to insurance. As long as you don't get another violation within 90 days you are safe.

I'm not sure if it's the same in Ft Worth, but Keller states that anything under 20 mph over the posted limit is eligible for the defferment. This page outlines all of the conditions. Drivers under the age of 25 must take a defensive driving course to be eligible for deffered disposition.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:16 PM
g35rcr

as long as you are under 25 they will let you take deferred adjudication...it is generally 10 bucks more than defensive driving and its worth that extra money not to sit through those classes
Old 02-10-2006, 03:02 AM
JD_AND_DA_G_RIDE

Originally Posted by g35rcr
as long as you are under 25 they will let you take deferred adjudication...it is generally 10 bucks more than defensive driving and its worth that extra money not to sit through those classes
Well depends on the town and da attorney...I used Randall Scott in GP as well and I got deferred adjudication for going 90 in a 55....in f'n Irving...

Now I'm working on a new one for G.P.....f'n cop admits he saw I sped up cause this guy was riding my *** so they pull him and me over along with a whole bunch of people on 360 fukrrrss...
Old 02-10-2006, 08:48 AM
theeggman

You can pay a lawyer such as Lollar or take a defensive driving class. I take the class every 3 years to lower my insurance cost, I have never gotten a speeding ticket, mostly because my car is always in my garage. The class will dismiss your ticket and lower your insurace, it only ends up costing you your time.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:44 AM
firefox

Within a month's period I got tickets for:

1. 70mph in a 65mph zone
2. 106mph in a 45mph zone
3. following too close
4. not using my signal when changing lanes

I was much younger, and had a Trans Am at the time. #2, 3, and 4 were on the same ticket, but are considered separate citations.

For #1 I did defensive driving. Painless really, just have to give up a Saturday morning.

For #2, 3, 4, I had to hire a lawyer. #3 was thrown out (how can I follow someone close at 106mph). #4 was taken off before I got to court, I think they can't really prove that you didn't use your blinker. For #2, the zone was actually a 55mph zone, so technically the ticket was wrong. I didn't get off but they gave me deferred adjudication (90 days probation basically).

Lawyer, $800. Speeding ticket, $900. Total cost $1700 for a clean record.

My insurance would have gone from $1725/year to $3500/year if I left the points on the record.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:50 AM
hyperlitesmu

I currently got a ticket in the Woodlands (just north of Houston) It was for 81 in a 65 so I deferred it. The best part is that is was a slam dunk. I never go through the woodlands so them saying I can't get a ticket there or the surrounding area was a sweet deal. Gotta love the justice system.