G35 Club and the G4 Photoshoot

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 09:57 PM
hyperlitesmu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 Club and the G4 Photoshoot

Well as you no doubt have read in Moog's post, G4 was in Dallas this weekend filming an episode of Street Fury. Moog's post is specific to those who are in are care to hear about team 16niss. For those who weren't invited to the private photoshoot, here is the rundown of Sunday.

As the thread josey started mentioned we all had to send an e-mail to Dan Oliver of the DFW CC with a picture a mod list and contact. After that he either e-mailed you a location to meet or a sorry better luck next time e-mail. (cut 1) About 30 cars showed up this morning and we headed to InterCrew where the shoot was taking place. Once there an asain chick (I assume she was important and had something to do with the show) walked our little "lot" of cars and chose 6 cars from the bunch to actually be feature cars in the shoot:

RX-7
Mazda Speed Protege
2002 NSX
WRX
G35
G35

3 or 4 other cars wer eincluded but they were shop cars and not subject to the same rules for selection. The rest of the cars were sent home with nothing more than a cold rainy drive and wasted gas money. Once the cars were cleaned up we were REQUIRED to put InterCrew stickers on the cars (i assume implying that InterCrew did the work). Those of us with DFW CC stickers were frowned upon. I was interviewed by Big "C" about my car and in the interview I made a point to mention the hard work DFW CC did in organizing all of the cars to be at the location. A special thanks to JD for coordinating the efforts of the DFW CC and the unfortunate speech to all of those not selected that that had to move on. Another special thanks to Dan Oliver of DFW CC for looking at countless mod lists and photos to get so many clean *** cars out to one location at the same time. To have 2 G's picked as feature cars out 30+ was a good day for the G club. Both of us were put head to head with the other cars that turned out for the shoot and we beat them out. it says alot about the car and the people who drive them. A modified Porsche turbo was sent away to give you an idea of the kind of cars that showed up. A few STi's were turned away. An Evo was turned away. the list goes on. But I think it was a great example of the G rides climbing the imoport totem pole and ending up at the top.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:29 PM
Moog
Premier Member

Dave I'm really happy to hear that you got to speak w/ Big C on camera. I'm sure you represented the DFW G35 crew well. Let's hope we get to see you on air when the episode is released.

From what I hear, Dan did a great job at recruiting so many nice cars to head out there.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:34 PM
hyperlitesmu

All I have to say....and Moog can attest to this.....That Big "C" guy is just as crazy in person as he is on the friggin show. Lots of "keepin it reals" and oogling the models and not nowing jack about cars.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:46 PM
BeerViper

Congrats on getting picked Dave. This definitely says a lot for the G35 owners and enthusiasts. Sounds like there was some stiff comptetion you went up against to make the cut.

Maybe next time I will "try out" once I'm driving Randy's G
Old 01-22-2006, 11:02 PM
hyperlitesmu

I think Randys_G would have been a definate show stopper as well! Same with Robert's G......Where was Roberts_G any how??
Old 01-22-2006, 11:13 PM
BeerViper

Yeah it seems like theeggman is on hiatus ... I have PM's and emails to him with no response for a while now. His G would have been an easy choice for this as well...
Old 01-23-2006, 12:47 AM
JD_AND_DA_G_RIDE

Originally Posted by hyperlitesmu
I think Randys_G would have been a definate show stopper as well! Same with Robert's G......Where was Roberts_G any how??
Actually Randy and Robert benefited from not going...otherwise Intercrap would have said those were their showcars as well....ha ha ha ha...and some of us know...it's sadly true...
Old 01-23-2006, 06:48 PM
Moog
Premier Member

I like how this post stayed up, while my post got deleted.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:29 PM
TwoK4drSi

I Know Mine Too! Rb Swap Here I Come!
Old 01-23-2006, 07:31 PM
louielou

when is it airing?
Old 01-23-2006, 08:31 PM
hyperlitesmu

No word yet but the rumors are that it will be up in 2 to 3 weeks.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:38 AM
theeggman

Originally Posted by hyperlitesmu

I have to work on Sundays at the airport so I'm unable to make any events on Sundays.
Old 01-26-2006, 03:29 AM
dho

more information pending about the shoot... please go to http://www.dfwcarclubs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=389
do people want to know what the video shoot was for?
what do they think it was for?
Please tell friends to cast their votes immediately for more information to get released.