Is Crest Infiniti...mod friendly?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 10:42 AM
4thHorseman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is Crest Infiniti...mod friendly?

Hey all! I'm relatively a newb here, and I wanted to know how Crest Infiniti handled a modded car. I bought my 04 DG coupe from them back in March, and I'm taking it in for the axle-click and rattle TSB's. So far the ride is still stock, but hopefully that will all change come springtime. I just wanted to know for future reference. I'm pretty sure Grubbs is mod-friendly since they sell performance parts, but they're about 45 minutes further from my apartment than Crest. Any info/experiences are appreciated.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:57 AM
Moog
Premier Member

I've taken my car there before, and I haven't had a problem with them. I actually need to get my axle click fixed too. Hopefully they won't say anything since my car is lowered now.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:07 AM
4thHorseman

Thanks, Moog. I've been meaning to meet you and some of the other DFW G35 Owners...is there a meet scheduled after the holidays yet?
Old 12-13-2005, 11:23 AM
Moog
Premier Member

well, a few of us usually meet up every weekend to hang out, bar hop, cruise. No official meets that I know of. We've been trying for the longest time to get a photoshoot together w/ some models, but it's been pretty cold lately.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:12 AM
Z to G driver

not sure...picked mine up from Crest about a month ago. Great Salsesman, Chad...call ahead to check. then check Sewell to see if they have different opinions on Mods.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:06 AM
theeggman

If you want to avoid all the hassles and uncertainty just take your car to our club sponsor over at Grubbs. They always take care of us.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:19 AM
4thHorseman

Thanks for the input, guys. When I start performance modding, I think I'll just take it over to Grubbs since they might be the ones installing some of the parts!
Old 12-14-2005, 10:02 AM
Moog
Premier Member

What parts did you need installed? I can always help out w/ installation.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:51 PM
hyperlitesmu

I agree with Robert and Moog. If you want a dealership to take care of a modded car Iwould absolutely without a doubt go to Grubbs. They are the only ones I will let service my TT G. I can also turn a wrench or two if you need some help. You'll find a lot of us are willing to help out a fellow G owner to avoid ridiculous shop fees.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:16 AM
JD_AND_DA_G_RIDE

Originally Posted by 4thHorseman
Hey all! I'm relatively a newb here, and I wanted to know how Crest Infiniti handled a modded car. I bought my 04 DG coupe from them back in March, and I'm taking it in for the axle-click and rattle TSB's. So far the ride is still stock, but hopefully that will all change come springtime. I just wanted to know for future reference. I'm pretty sure Grubbs is mod-friendly since they sell performance parts, but they're about 45 minutes further from my apartment than Crest. Any info/experiences are appreciated.
Welcome to da G Crew....well Sewell does good Warranty work but is def not mod friendly...NOT EVEN with aftermarket fluids. I dont expect any different from Crest if anything I think they be worse....
Old 12-21-2005, 02:29 PM
4thHorseman

Sorry for the delay, things have been hectic at work. Thanks for the warm welcome, everybody. I'm just planning minor mods, since FI (TT) is looking like a VERY distant dream right now, but I am not afraid to get my hands dirty. Just thinking Z-tube, plenum spacer, and exhaust (HKS Hi-Power, I know good luck, hehe). Some Volk GT-Vs and a TopSecret front bumper are on the list, too...but I fear it's gonna be a while (trying to buy a house) This forum is the devil, though, I find new parts I want everyday! Also can't wait to see your GTR, hyper!!

Last edited by 4thHorseman; 12-21-2005 at 02:32 PM.