MotorSport Ranch Speedway (Cresson) Nov. 28th SIGN UP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 12:39 PM
GlenRoseFireFighter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bankheist
is that clockwise or counterclockwise?

i think clockwise would be faster (and easier on the brakes) because that chicane area (cant think of its name, over by the pits) wouldnt be so nasty
That's clockwise.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:19 AM
ApexDriving

Originally Posted by mr_ecktid
This looks crazy! When we're taking laps around the track, are we going to be close to each other (stupid question I know) or are we going to be given like distance leads. I have a 03.5 Sedan (not even sport suspension, haven't been able to get springs/shocks yet) slushbox and I don't want to be a burden to other drivers.

-Mark
Mark,

We are a ultra safe high performance driving school. The good thing is we are at MSR and there is nothing to hit! There are 4 passing zones on MSR. We only use the three longer straits during Apex days. The lead car must signal (the car following) to pass. No signal no passing period! Only two cars per strait are allowed to pass (very rare). We also only put 16-18 cars out on the track at a time. Spec miata runs 45 cars during a race. With 16-18 cars on the track and equal drivers there is 7-10 seconds between cars. You will be passed and may pass others. The way we do it we have never had a problem or a close call.

We stress safety all day long. We have many safety precautions in effect all day to include, flags, radio station you tune into, yellow flag speed limit and passing signal.

If anyone has track specific or questions for Apex please post them and I will answer them once a day.

John
Apex
Old 09-29-2005, 12:24 AM
Bankheist

Hi John! :wave:
Old 09-29-2005, 12:47 AM
GlenRoseFireFighter

Originally Posted by ApexDriving
Mark,

We are a ultra safe high performance driving school. The good thing is we are at MSR and there is nothing to hit! There are 4 passing zones on MSR. We only use the three longer straits during Apex days. The lead car must signal (the car following) to pass. No signal no passing period! Only two cars per strait are allowed to pass (very rare). We also only put 16-18 cars out on the track at a time. Spec miata runs 45 cars during a race. With 16-18 cars on the track and equal drivers there is 7-10 seconds between cars. You will be passed and may pass others. The way we do it we have never had a problem or a close call.

We stress safety all day long. We have many safety precautions in effect all day to include, flags, radio station you tune into, yellow flag speed limit and passing signal.

If anyone has track specific or questions for Apex please post them and I will answer them once a day.

John
Apex
Thanks, John!

With that said. It'll be a sensory overload for anyone new to the sport and you will have more fun than going to Disneyland for your first time. This will be my second event with Apex at MSR and I can't wait. I wish it was SOONER! See everyone there.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:09 AM
mr_ecktid

Wow thanks for the great response! I'll definitely be doing this, when's the deadline for the signup?

-Mark
Old 09-29-2005, 01:14 AM
GlenRoseFireFighter

Wow thanks for the great response! I'll definitely be doing this, when's the deadline for the signup?

-Mark
we would like to secure the spots ASAP. You have up until 2 weeks before the event to sign up, but only people that pay are considered "SIGNED UP". So, if 16 people pay before you do, there won't be any spots available. PLEASE DO NOT THINK THIS IS THE ONLY FORUM THIS THREAD EXIST. SO FAR, WE HAVE 8 PEOPLE UNOFFICIALLY SIGNED UP TO RACE. I PERSONALLY KNOW 7 OF THEM AND KNOW THEY WILL BE PAYING SOON. SIGN UP AND PAY NOW TO SECURE YOUR SPOT.

See you there, Mark.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:15 AM
GlenRoseFireFighter

Cartish, JD and Trebien...have you guys called and paid yet? If not, let's get this ball rolling.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:39 PM
ApexDriving

Hello Kevin!
Old 10-03-2005, 11:03 AM
GlenRoseFireFighter

UPDATE!

As of today, no one has paid. The G35 club has until Oct 15th to get 14 members signed up. After that, we will give you one more week to get friends of the G35 club signed up and then we will sell the rest of the slots.

Sorry if this seems rushed, but those spots are valuable and if Apex doesn't fill them, they LOSE money for the date. LET'S CALL AND PAY FOR OUR SPOTS FOLKS! Be sure to email me once you've paid.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:09 AM
ApexDriving

We had two groups at the track today and everyone had a great time! Understand the the shop at the track is open Wednesday through Sunday (days you can pay). We are closed Monday-Tuesday.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:27 PM
mr_ecktid

Are extra brakepads necessary/recommended?

I just have the stock brakes (non brembo) and one of my friends advised me to pick up some extra pads...

By the way, I'm trying to get a hold of you guys right now (11:22AM) but no one seems to be answering the phone, I'll just call later to pay.

-Mark
Old 10-05-2005, 02:06 PM
ApexDriving

Are extra brake pads necessary/recommended?

I just have the stock brakes (non brembo) and one of my friends advised me to pick up some extra pads...

By the way, I'm trying to get a hold of you guys right now (11:22AM) but no one seems to be answering the phone, I'll just call later to pay.

-Mark
Brakes
I would strongly suggest you get your fluid changed (use a good fluid) and pads checked. It is a good idea to have fresh or an extra set.

Paying
Sorry for the confusion. We are not at the shop on Monday and Tuesdays. Soon you Will be able to register on our website. We are closed today due to being open Monday on our last track day.

I hope registering on the new website will end all the confusion and make it easier for all of us! We are trying to get this done today.

If you would like to pay by check PM me for address.

You can always call me direct at 214-676-0385

John
Apex
Old 10-06-2005, 06:04 PM
mr_ecktid

Woooo just paid today, can't wait til November
Old 10-09-2005, 02:19 AM
mr_ecktid

Is no one else interested in going?
Old 10-12-2005, 02:21 AM
GlenRoseFireFighter

Is no one else interested in going?
Mark, we are going to have a blast...you have no idea!

Quick Reply: MotorSport Ranch Speedway (Cresson) Nov. 28th SIGN UP!!!