Alignment Needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 11:14 PM
Melissa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alignment Needed

Since my car is lowered, Grubbs didn't feel comfortable putting my car on their rack to see if it needs an alignment. Does anyone know where I can go?
Old 06-27-2006, 03:07 AM
topherc29

I have had Grubbs "try" to get my alignment 4 times already...... still pulls very hard to the right and to go straight, the wheel is turned about a 1/4 inch to the left and I am still in stock form. I am loosing my confidence in them. They treat my like crap if I show up in shorts and a t-shirt. I only get taken serious if I am in my dress clothes. Its one thing to look at how you are dresses if you are buying a car, but if you already own it…. That’s another story. Sorry I can’t answer your question, just wanted to vent(and also want to know where to take my car)!!
Old 06-27-2006, 09:36 AM
firefox

Try going to a Firestone and get the lifetime alignment for ~$120. You can go back every couple of months or so and get it re-aligned. Depending on the machine, I think there are some kind of clamps that clamp on to the rim lips. You'll have to tell them to be extra super careful not to scratch them.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:29 PM
jran76

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have tried various dealers and other facilities, and the best I have found is Dallas Frame and Alignment. You will find that they can align anything (super-low sports cars to 18 wheelers), and they do great work. If you look around you will find quite a few people use them, and they seem to be highly recommended by those that have been.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:32 PM
Moog
Premier Member

I used Firestone off Park/Ohio in Plano. They were the only Firestone to handle lowered cars...got the lifetime special too.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:56 PM
Melissa

I stopped by Goodyear this weekend & they gave me Dallas Frame & Alignment's card. I wanted to get other people's input before I take my car to just anyone. Thanks for the help!
Old 06-30-2006, 11:38 AM
JD_AND_DA_G_RIDE

Originally Posted by Melissa
I stopped by Goodyear this weekend & they gave me Dallas Frame & Alignment's card. I wanted to get other people's input before I take my car to just anyone. Thanks for the help!
I think they handle a lot of European exotics as well if it's the same shop I'm thinking of.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:31 PM
BeerViper

The Firestone dealer in Bedford has this new fangled alignment machine. A guy in my apartment complex works there and was showing it to me, he said he could align my car (lowered) no problem...
Old 07-05-2006, 11:12 AM
JD_AND_DA_G_RIDE

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BeerViper
The Firestone dealer in Bedford has this new fangled alignment machine. A guy in my apartment complex works there and was showing it to me, he said he could align my car (lowered) no problem...
Sweeet, let's make it a G35 Alignment Day....
Old 07-11-2006, 08:42 PM
firefox

Well, I got my car aligned at the Firestone in Mckinney. My car is lowered 0.9 in the front and 0.4 in the rear on 350Z H-techs. Looks like they had a Hunter DSP600 alignment machine. My car barely cleared the ramp. If I had side skirts, there would be no way to clear the machine. Any lower, we'll probably need to go to Dallas Frame and Alignment.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:09 PM
IvoryGT-V

Alignment at firestone on Preston road near protint. At first they said that it was too low but I told them if we were able to try it and they were able to get it on the lift without rubbing. Lifetime warranty as well 135.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:22 PM
JD_AND_DA_G_RIDE

Originally Posted by topherc29
I have had Grubbs "try" to get my alignment 4 times already...... still pulls very hard to the right and to go straight, the wheel is turned about a 1/4 inch to the left and I am still in stock form. I am loosing my confidence in them. They treat my like crap if I show up in shorts and a t-shirt. I only get taken serious if I am in my dress clothes. Its one thing to look at how you are dresses if you are buying a car, but if you already own it…. That’s another story. Sorry I can’t answer your question, just wanted to vent(and also want to know where to take my car)!!
Not sure what year ur ride is...but there is a TSB on most coupes for the right control arm if I'm not mistaken....this was causing a lot of G's to pull to the right. You may also want to make sure your rt caliper isn't sticking.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:59 PM
TedRuxpin

the right pull was eliminated from my car when I got new tires ironically.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:02 PM
domenic

Originally Posted by jran76
I have tried various dealers and other facilities, and the best I have found is Dallas Frame and Alignment. You will find that they can align anything (super-low sports cars to 18 wheelers), and they do great work. If you look around you will find quite a few people use them, and they seem to be highly recommended by those that have been.
FOR THE LOVE OF YOUR G35 GO THERE!!!!!!!! I can't stress enough how good Dallas Frame and Alignment is! They have aligned all 4 of the cars that i owned in the past, because they do it RIGHT the first time. These guys align everything from big-rig 18-wheelers, to Escalades with 26" wheels on them to geo metros. I was referred to them back in 1999 when my friend who has a highly modified suspenion took his car to them. He also had a cadillac that 2 other shops couldn't align right because the suspension on his older cadillac involved adjusting of the frame rails (i think?). This place is just a bit more expensive than other places but they guarantee their work. Give them a try.

Last edited by domenic; 08-27-2006 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:58 PM
wayneside

johnson motorsports frame and alignments can do it also...

2231 crown road, suite 101
dallas, tx 75229

Quick Reply: Alignment Needed