D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

DIY: G37 convertable spoiler ( relocating GPS and radio antenna)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 08:23 PM
INTEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 convertable spoiler ( relocating GPS and radio antenna)

Hello there. My name is Trevor from www.intekmotors.com. I installed a OEM accessory spoiler on a friends 11 white convertable last night and found a few tips to help with the install as the instructions are quite confusing and should be simplified. First off you will need to start the car and use to open roof button located in the centre consoul. only push the button to open the trunk and flapper doors. To gain access to the trunk finisher clips. Its a bit of a odd position but you will get all the clips and emergency relase cable loose. After close the roof and pop the trunk to have more accessibility. Remove the trunk finisher. There will be four 8 millimeter bolts holding the original spolier and two conectors to unclip one for the rear few camera one for the led brake lamp. Remove an pull spoiler . ( it has two clips holding it in place). Place) place spoiler on a work table with a old towel as to not scratch it. Use a Phillips # 2 to remove the camera/bracket. Remove the two black lock studs for the spoiler to reuse on the new spoiler. Get your new spoiler ready. Use the the j braket supplied on the camera housing. It will act as a gound later. Fasten the camera to the new spoiler using the new hardware supplied. Now here the part where you skip the instuctions of using the templates. Loosely fit the spoiler onto the trunk lid so that it is sits flush with the lid. Get some white out. The hardest part of the install is getting the right angle for the two outermost bolt holds. Here's what I recommend once the spoiler sits flush but loose.use your white out and gently lift the spoiler and put a dab on the spoiler where the bolts will hold. Then press down and presto a pereft marker. Drill from the top down. Using masking tape of course. The instuctions will say from the bottom up. But you will likely have to oversize the hole this way because the angle won't be accurate. Go from the top down. Any other help on the wiring just shoot me a question. I've been a master infiniti technician for 12 years. I'm new to this sight I have pictures of the install however don't see a way to add them onto this tread.