D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Paddle Shifter HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 03:16 PM
VinnysInfiniti

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Paddle Shifter HELP!!!

So almost a months and a half ago I got into a big accident and my car is still getting fixed. I have a 2011 G37x with perm/navi. Ive read on here how to install them and that my model comes with the paddle wires butr I told the shop thats fixing my G that they just had to order it and attach them because my car is prewired and I just spoke to him he said that theres a hardware issue that its not working or something has anyone heard of this issue?? I thought the paddle installation was an easy thing as wiring and putting the steering columns on.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:18 PM
j23a45m

Originally Posted by VinnysInfiniti
So almost a months and a half ago I got into a big accident and my car is still getting fixed. I have a 2011 G37x with perm/navi. Ive read on here how to install them and that my model comes with the paddle wires butr I told the shop thats fixing my G that they just had to order it and attach them because my car is prewired and I just spoke to him he said that theres a hardware issue that its not working or something has anyone heard of this issue?? I thought the paddle installation was an easy thing as wiring and putting the steering columns on.
it should have been plug and play, Ive done it on two G35x, and they worked fine. I'm not 100% sure on the 2011 models!
Old 08-19-2011, 10:11 PM
tokefogods

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have a '11 G37x w/ prem-nav and just followed the guide per the paddle shifter install thread without removing steering wheel (remove trim, bolt on and plug in and install new trim) - pre-wired so only took about an hour by just following the DYI.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:28 PM
VinnysInfiniti

Originally Posted by tokefogods
Have a '11 G37x w/ prem-nav and just followed the guide per the paddle shifter install thread without removing steering wheel (remove trim, bolt on and plug in and install new trim) - pre-wired so only took about an hour by just following the DYI.
I know but the thing is I don't have my G its still in the shop and a mechanic was telling me this. What I don't understand is that if I can do it by following instructions on here like a toy why can't my mechanic install these??
Old 08-19-2011, 10:39 PM
bingpwr
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Did your car have the paddle shifters before? Also, is your mechanic testing the paddle shifters after they've been plugged into the wiring harness? Need to ask him these questions to get a better answer. Based on what you're saying, it sounds like there may be a problem in the wiring harness OR the mechanic doesn't know how to install these.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:00 PM
mikejg

If they didn't order the "kit" and just ordered the paddle shifters the "hardware" issued could be something as simple as the trim pieces. If they don't have the new trim pieces the paddle shifters obviously will not fit with the old trim pieces. Find out what the problem is and then we can help you.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:58 AM
VinnysInfiniti

Originally Posted by mikejg
If they didn't order the "kit" and just ordered the paddle shifters the "hardware" issued could be something as simple as the trim pieces. If they don't have the new trim pieces the paddle shifters obviously will not fit with the old trim pieces. Find out what the problem is and then we can help you.
He ordered just the paddles then told me he got them on but it diodnt fit because i didn't tell him to order the column but like he's a mechanic shouldn't he know like a little more then I do?? so then he orders the columns so the next day I talk to him and he says that theres the hardware issue and he has it attached but I guess its not responding idk I had just woken up so my mind wasn't ready to ask questions really lol so i just accepted the hardware 'excuse' so I just tell him to get it to work I haven't asked him about the shifters since last week so Im worried if he added them like he said he would. I get my car back Monday hopefully so well see then but other than that thats all i know from what he told me. Also my car didn't come with the shifters. If he doesn't have them installed I'm just gonna pay for them and take them and install myself. If you want things done right you gotta do it yourself I guess