D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

DIY: How To "Rice Out" your Infiniti G37

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 03:20 PM
350z_drifter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AnthonyD1978
in my opinion buying something for your car that has a function, but not using it for that function is rice...

by my definition 95% of people on this forum have ricer cars.

it seems that his purpose for building that car was to get attention and build something HE liked to look at....mission accomplished and good for him.

many of the people on this forum buy parts (coilovers, aggressive tires, aftermarket seat, sway bars, BBK, etc), but never drive their car to the fullest or use those parts how they were meant to be used....that in my opinion equals rice...

like the guy that goes out and buys a sports car and uses it to cruise and drive once a month.....or take to the local meet and show off all these cool performance parts in the parking lot of a starbucks.....what a waste. don't get me started on show cars...

i could take my bone stock automatic G sedan to the track and be faster than most of you with your "performance" parts.

seriously which car is more rice? the car with the big wing or....??

<---sorry the pics from teamLAG didn't work LOL

<---sorry the pics from teamLAG didn't work LOL

we all have some rice on our cars...don't be a hypocrite.
i would have to agree to a certain piont " buying something for your car that has a function, but not using it for that function is rice... "
but everyone has their own opinions and there is nothing wrong with that.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:37 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice post! But Greddy TI-C exhaust alone is not ricer in my opinion, I suppose it can be part of the big picture however.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:53 PM
LightningG37

in my opinion buying something for your car that has a function, but not using it for that function is rice...

by my definition 95% of people on this forum have ricer cars.

it seems that his purpose for building that car was to get attention and build something HE liked to look at....mission accomplished and good for him.

many of the people on this forum buy parts (coilovers, aggressive tires, aftermarket seat, sway bars, BBK, etc), but never drive their car to the fullest or use those parts how they were meant to be used....that in my opinion equals rice...

like the guy that goes out and buys a sports car and uses it to cruise and drive once a month.....or take to the local meet and show off all these cool performance parts in the parking lot of a starbucks.....what a waste. don't get me started on show cars...

i could take my bone stock automatic G sedan to the track and be faster than most of you with your "performance" parts.

seriously which car is more rice? the car with the big wing or....??

we all have some rice on our cars...don't be a hypocrite.
I disagree. I see where you are going. There is a continuum on which some people see something as extreme (in this case Japanese auto extreme = rice) and some people do not, so there is some debate. I disagree with suggesting the continuum extends all the way up to the norm. It's like calling any truck with over-sized tires a "Monster Truck". "Rice" by definition is an extreme differentiation from the norm. With the definition you suggested, everyone who purchases and option for the 14" brake package that drives safely and conservatively is "ricing out" their car. Appreciating style and/or performance does not make one a "ricer" nor a hypocrite any more than having a beer makes a person an alcoholic.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:28 PM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
basically replicating the style and culture of japan makes it rice. go to japan with a stock g37 and they'll laugh at you.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:05 PM
AnthonyD1978

Originally Posted by GeeeeOhhhh
basically replicating the style and culture of japan makes it rice. go to japan with a stock g37 and they'll laugh at you.

why would they laugh at you? you think every car there is modded out?
Old 03-30-2010, 08:10 PM
AnthonyD1978

Originally Posted by LightningG37
I disagree. I see where you are going. There is a continuum on which some people see something as extreme (in this case Japanese auto extreme = rice) and some people do not, so there is some debate. I disagree with suggesting the continuum extends all the way up to the norm. It's like calling any truck with over-sized tires a "Monster Truck". "Rice" by definition is an extreme differentiation from the norm. With the definition you suggested, everyone who purchases and option for the 14" brake package that drives safely and conservatively is "ricing out" their car. Appreciating style and/or performance does not make one a "ricer" nor a hypocrite any more than having a beer makes a person an alcoholic.

I agree, keep in mind I was not stating that I didn't like "rice". I was just trying to point out that everyone has different taste.

I don't mind the OP trying to call out some random person as having a "ricer" car. Just trying to point out that everyone has a different mindset on what "rice" is and many people would call his car "rice" as well.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:55 AM
LightningG37

I don't mind the OP trying to call out some random person as having a "ricer" car. Just trying to point out that everyone has a different mindset on what "rice" is and many people would call his car "rice" as well.

Tru
Old 04-04-2010, 11:23 PM
2005bluesti

wow..... really hahaha epic fail
Old 04-10-2010, 11:13 AM
camp3r

The ultimate in DOUCHBAGGERY.....way to represent...you make the NYC croud proud...lmao!!!
Old 04-16-2010, 04:03 PM
importroller

saw this car on cardomain and youtube. What a POS. I really never thought you could make a G37 look like crap, then i saw this
Old 04-16-2010, 04:07 PM
importroller

Originally Posted by GeeeeOhhhh

Actually if you go to japan with a USDM G37, they would love the fact that its an Infiniti not a Nissan, and is LHD. People in japan don't like to imitate the USDM style as much as you would think. Its the US market that thinks that being "JDM" is the ish. And these cars do not come looking like this POS that this thread started as in Japan or in the US. Even in japan that is aftermarket work. Just cause they modded it that way, doesn't make it JDM. JDM is how it came STOCK off the showroom floor from the factory.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:12 PM
importroller

G3700: Stage 2 clutch and short throw shifter installed. TWIN TURBO in a few weeks* 2009 Infiniti G37 - Bronx, NY

YouTube - Jokers 2009 G37 sport

Old 05-11-2010, 05:23 PM
rumple_rumple

Nice job on all the mods! That's a lot of dough to shell out. It's not my taste but if it makes you happy then go for it. Be sure to record everything, pics and videos, I am sure you will appreciate your carefree outlook on cars, 10-20-30 yrs down the road. Hey guys, we were all young once, live and let live.

- Lambo Doors

Dislikes
- Everything else
Old 07-08-2010, 05:03 PM
dainjarouz
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
spreading misinformation again..

Last edited by dainjarouz; 07-08-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:14 PM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nope more details please.

Quick Reply: DIY: How To "Rice Out" your Infiniti G37