D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

DIY: HELP! Need a DIY for Fog upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 08:46 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Question HELP! Need a DIY for Fog upgrades

I have searched all over the place and it seems the only DIY for HPA's HID fog lights is G37_6MT's at https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...rsion-kit.html

It looks like a different kit than mine (Autovision HID fogs, bought from HPA) and I've been trying to follow it but like I said, it just seems different. I just bought the kit from HPA a couple of days ago and if anyone could help with the install steps they used, that would be awesome!
Old 11-08-2009, 10:44 PM
classy37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
I have searched all over the place and it seems the only DIY for HPA's HID fog lights is G37_6MT's at https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...rsion-kit.html

It looks like a different kit than mine (Autovision HID fogs, bought from HPA) and I've been trying to follow it but like I said, it just seems different. I just bought the kit from HPA a couple of days ago and if anyone could help with the install steps they used, that would be awesome!
Interested in this as well.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:08 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Originally Posted by classy37
Interested in this as well.
i just replied to your other post i think, but i finally decided to just go ahead and try it myself and it turned out to be insanely easy. get the tire off and then it takes 10-15 minutes to change everything out
Old 11-08-2009, 11:10 PM
classy37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
i just replied to your other post i think, but i finally decided to just go ahead and try it myself and it turned out to be insanely easy. get the tire off and then it takes 10-15 minutes to change everything out
Just saw it, thanks. I'm seeing several different writeups though, some involve drilling/cutting, some don't. Which did you use? Is the procedure the same for both coupes and sedans?
Old 11-08-2009, 11:34 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Originally Posted by classy37
Just saw it, thanks. I'm seeing several different writeups though, some involve drilling/cutting, some don't. Which did you use? Is the procedure the same for both coupes and sedans?
yeah I've seen people that say you need to drill but I did it and didn't drill at all and have had no adverse effects. Some of the other DIY's have an older model of the fog ballast and the new ones are a bit simpler.

But I'm using the HPA 8000K fog HID's and the 6000K headlights. I would assume the coupes/sedans use the same ballast but I would PM Andy @ Hpauto to make sure.