D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

DIY: Grubbs v2 (09) Spoiler Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 12:28 PM
Iplcarbon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd like to thank OP for this Thred....I just installed mine KH3 and was flawless... I have the camera and yet fit like a glove...I'd say the best if you dont want to spend for the OEM.
NOTE: Chrome spoiler stays though you do have to take it off to drill a 7/32 hole close to the camera my guess 1' away to run the LED wire through...once you do that it gets easier ...
After pulling the wire through make a small hole in the rubber boot and pull it through.
secure the chrome spoiler again with the 8mm nuts and make sure someone is holding the other spoiler...
As your done securing it and the holes are drilled with the 9/32 bit I myself removed the tape and worked Right to Left and Done...
TAPE it down for 4-6 hours and done..
I also didnt go all the way back to the 3rd brake light to connect the wires .. I found out just looking by the lock latch a 2wire empty socket... wire colors are Blk/LT Green lime if you want to call it and tried that...I got the quick connectors and snapped the white solid to the lime wire them the white with the blue stripe to the blk....worked perfect...hit the Brakes and LED's lit up...I did remove 3locking pegs on the liner by the old 3rd brake light to disconnect it and off it went ...
This DIY is perfect for N/C with camera its a lil more time but all went well...
Seems IMO our cars are all prewired and made it easier that way rather than run it all the way back...which I'm not positive should work with ones w/o camera?

Happy modding!!!

Last edited by Iplcarbon; 01-20-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:15 AM
Iplcarbon

I wanted to post this info just so those that want to go this way over OEM version its available thru Ebay from the Spoiler store $135 shipped! Painted!
I got mine with Cam but it fits like a glove..
I even had a few Led's go out and they shipped me one to replace at no Cost!
Those Guys at the Spoiler store are fantastic! Customer Service! *****'s five stars all the way!

Note: the KH3 paint...flawless ...no chips no marks just one perfectly wrapped and boxed spoiler!
Old 05-20-2013, 04:02 PM
masterk1

Any updates on where I can get this spoiler? The link on the 1st page doesnt work.