D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Debadging and rebadging......

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 04:19 PM
ratso000
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Removal of g37 badges

Thanks for the tip, I removed all the badges from 2008 journey this morning, it took 35 minutes with a hair dryer ,fishing line,and bug remover. Really looks great.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:33 AM
Raizon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, I finally got a chance to debadge the Infiniti on the Blue Slate trunk tonight. I used Goo Gone, some dental floss, paper towel and wax. When I finally got it all removed, I can see an outline of the word Infiniti on my trunk at certain angles. I tried claybarring it but it didn't remove the outlines. I guess I will try polishing it tomorrow but if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-04-2009, 10:32 AM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by Raizon
Hey guys, I finally got a chance to debadge the Infiniti on the Blue Slate trunk tonight. I used Goo Gone, some dental floss, paper towel and wax. When I finally got it all removed, I can see an outline of the word Infiniti on my trunk at certain angles. I tried claybarring it but it didn't remove the outlines. I guess I will try polishing it tomorrow but if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance!
how long did you have the letters on the car? when i removed mine it left no marks of the letters
Old 08-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Raizon

They were on for about a year. I should have done it when I got my car

Found a couple of threads about ghost lettering...guess I'll try some of the suggestions mentioned.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:53 AM
w0ady

the only thing that will really get rid of the fade is time in the sun. its your paint so short of a repaint, you just have to wait.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:03 AM
DJ Hellfire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Raizon

Thanks in advance!

You can try a high speed buff followed by an orbital buff. Those usually remove dirt that's embedded in the paint and cause the issue you have. Instead of buying the buffers, it may be cheaper for you to go to a detail shop and see if they can do it. Plus, if you don't know what you are doing with those tools, you can burn your paint!
Old 08-06-2009, 10:14 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A little buffing will take care of it with no problem
Old 11-22-2009, 03:46 PM
znizzy
Registered Member

I have a black G and can easily see the logo outlines after debadging. I stopped a local bodyshop that does good work and they suggested color sanding and a good polish. Do you think that this would be too much?
Old 11-23-2009, 01:03 AM
OGtripleOG37
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by znizzy
I have a black G and can easily see the logo outlines after debadging. I stopped a local bodyshop that does good work and they suggested color sanding and a good polish. Do you think that this would be too much?
ya thats too much. i noticed the same thing right after i debadged mine, but it all goes away after a couple weeks and some washes.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:50 AM
BradManUWF
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I took the Infiniti letters off mine and I don't have any ghost lettering, but mine is PG so that prolly helps. I've got the front/back Nissan emblems, Skyline letters, and 370GT emblem, but I'm not sure if I want to turn my car into a "fake skyline"....
Old 11-23-2009, 04:02 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by BradManUWF
I took the Infiniti letters off mine and I don't have any ghost lettering, but mine is PG so that prolly helps. I've got the front/back Nissan emblems, Skyline letters, and 370GT emblem, but I'm not sure if I want to turn my car into a "fake skyline"....
i just did the rear skyline and 370gt. doing a mesh front grill with no emblem in the front
Old 08-08-2010, 05:09 PM
lzzhang10

Originally Posted by Twerkinpnoi
Has anyone found the Nissan emblem for the front grill yet? Because I easily got the rear Nissan emblem for the trunk at my work. So if anyone can find out how to get the one on the front grill lemme know. Thanx
i haven't bought from them yet, but here u go

Nismoparts.com - Your #1 Source for OEM Parts and Accessories
Old 08-16-2010, 05:37 PM
Ahujadaddy

i just got the SKYLINE and 370 GT badges in, planning to do it soon. Question:

Did i get the correct SKYLINE badge for the 37 and not 35? Is there a difference even? The ones i got looks smaller than the ones you all posted. I know the OP used the older SKYLINE badge for the 350 GT... if those are actually bigger, i'd prefer those.

The ones i got aren't even that shiny looking and are smaller than the original INFINITI font.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Ahujadaddy

did some research. Looks like they sent me the SKYLINE badge for the 350 GT instead.

SKYLINE Part number for 370GT -- 84895-JL00A

SKYLINE Part number for 350GT -- 84895-AM900

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the two? Size? Finish? If they are the same, then i won't bother contacting Riverside to get em swapped.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:45 AM
SpartanG37S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For the life of me, I can't understand this fad. Debadging completely is okay, but this JDM crap is just silly.

370GT, Skyline, WTF? Only to get in the car and look at Infiniti on the steering wheel and nav screen on start up. To each his own, but man, SMH @ this...

Quick Reply: Debadging and rebadging......