TW: 20" iForged Swift RS - race gold

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 11:48 PM
Moog
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TW: 20" iForged Swift RS - race gold

Testing waters...I'm about to order some new wheels soon.

20x8.5 and 20x10 iForged Swift RS
race gold finish

price is without tires. $2000

Old 07-18-2007, 09:07 AM
DVatz

Oh, Will, these would TOTALLY fit my sedan. I'm in

And to totally jack your thread, if you have any questions about that shift ****, let me know. I got my shift boot at Redline Custom Shift Boots. Let me know if you decide to get one, they have a referral program where I can get you a discount.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:16 AM
izmir41500

sweet deal on some iforged. what's next?
Old 07-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Wicked_limitz
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good deal.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:41 AM
Texasscout
Be Prepaired

I saw a set of these on a coupe, they were dark charcoal spoke. I don't know how old they were, but they looked like crap. The color had faded bad to a dull grey. The obviously had not been taken care of, but I wold think the color would hold up better than that.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:40 PM
DVatz

Originally Posted by Texasscout
I saw a set of these on a coupe, they were dark charcoal spoke. I don't know how old they were, but they looked like crap. The color had faded bad to a dull grey. The obviously had not been taken care of, but I wold think the color would hold up better than that.
What part of South Texas are you in? Maybe, if you are near the coast, they were blasted by sand, salt, and, like you said, bad care. I have seen similar rims like this, new, in a gray color. Regardless, these are some nice wheels on a clean car - the new owner will not be disappointed.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:26 PM
Texasscout
Be Prepaired

Originally Posted by DVatz
What part of South Texas are you in? Maybe, if you are near the coast, they were blasted by sand, salt, and, like you said, bad care. I have seen similar rims like this, new, in a gray color. Regardless, these are some nice wheels on a clean car - the new owner will not be disappointed.
Yes, it was in Corpus Christi. Everything succumbs to the salt air here. You just can't have anything nice anymore.

The wheels looked well made, the finish was just not that great.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Moog
Premier Member

Originally Posted by DVatz
Oh, Will, these would TOTALLY fit my sedan. I'm in

And to totally jack your thread, if you have any questions about that shift ****, let me know. I got my shift boot at Redline Custom Shift Boots. Let me know if you decide to get one, they have a referral program where I can get you a discount.
Yeah I just jacked that plastic piece out and it sits much lower. Thanks for the tip! Will get a boot soon...sup w/ the discount?
Old 07-18-2007, 09:06 PM
DVatz

Originally Posted by Moog
Yeah I just jacked that plastic piece out and it sits much lower. Thanks for the tip! Will get a boot soon...sup w/ the discount?
Man I've got to dig for my receipt, but they sent a letter about a referral program they run, sort of like a pyramid scheme: I tell two friends, you tell two friends, and so on... Then we all get hooked up. I'll try to find it this weekend, I hope I still have it.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:23 PM
Moog
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Texasscout
I don't see how this has ANYTHING to do with my post here, but thanks for the FYI about this guys wheels that you saw.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:35 AM
wayneside

nice wheels william!
Old 07-26-2007, 09:40 AM
Texasscout
Be Prepaired

Originally Posted by Moog
I don't see how this has ANYTHING to do with my post here, but thanks for the FYI about this guys wheels that you saw.
What I wanted you to know is that these wheels DONT LAST in a harsh environment. I (and the car I saw) live near the coast with sea (salt) water vapor 24/7. You can buy these if you live away from the coast and you are willing to polish them a lot. The ones I say were less than two years old and they looked like crap. They probably looked great when they were put on.

That's all...
Old 07-26-2007, 10:32 PM
Moog
Premier Member

And that's totally dependant on how the owner took care of them and what he put them through. NOT about the area you live in...
Old 07-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Moog
Premier Member

That's an ignorant comment...just like seeing a beat up G35 with curb rash, dents, and chipped windshield and automatically assuming that the G35 will not last in the "environment".
Old 07-26-2007, 11:36 PM
Texasscout
Be Prepaired

Look, I'm not dising you choice of wheels, I think they look great. I wish I cold afford something that nice.

I just think that Iforged is way over rated (check any number of Iforged hater threads here) for the money you pay. (if you can get them for what you say you can, that's great!)

I just want you to know what I have seen in this area on one particular car.

And unless you have ever lived near the GULF coast, you don't have ANY idea what you are talking about. I had motorcycles that had to be polished at least once a month. I was a chore.

Down here STAINLESS STEEL rusts! Just ask the Corpus Christi city council that paid mucho dollares (a little Spanish lingo) for a Stainless Steel sculpture that RUSTED. It's the same with aluminum and powder coat. My wheels have taken a beating here and I take very good care of them.

Last edited by Texasscout; 07-26-2007 at 11:46 PM.

Quick Reply: TW: 20" iForged Swift RS - race gold