Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Clear Bra (Costs/Locations/Type)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 03:40 PM
SaltiDawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pratik97
So are you saying WinnersWindowTint does do Clearbra? Does that mean I can tell my friends they're not really a**holes for giving bad info? haha. J/k.
Hi again, pratik97. Yes, they install "ClearShield" bras by brandname. I'm again having trouble with their www site. I telephoned and talked to Andrew. He quoted me for two levels of coverage in the ClearShield for a 2005 CPE. The basic level of coverage is $249 and the "deluxe" level (Incl bumper) is $399. Takes about four hours.

Again, I have no first hand experience with these folks!

I will pay them a visit next week, or maybe tomorrow, as they are just a couple of miles from my home. Andrew indicated that the pieces of plastic are cut out by computer and installed manually - I gather this is the case with many if not most brands of Clear Bra.

I will report back after I pay them a visit - I'd love to have someone that knows more than I (and already owns an Infiniti) pay them a visit. (They are closed on Sunday & Monday)
Old 04-15-2005, 05:05 PM
Espresso

That price sounds too good to be true. Tints which takes less than a hour to put on can cost $150-300 in this area. They are quoting you 4 hours to install a clearbra while it only cost $399? Something doesn't sound right. I'd be very concerned with the quality of work at this price since everyone else in MD/VA charges $700+. Definately report back and tell us the quality of their work.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:06 AM
SaltiDawg

Originally Posted by Espresso
That price sounds too good to be true. Tints which takes less than a hour to put on can cost $150-300 in this area. They are quoting you 4 hours to install a clearbra while it only cost $399? Something doesn't sound right. I'd be very concerned with the quality of work at this price since everyone else in MD/VA charges $700+. Definately report back and tell us the quality of their work.
Well, I paid Winners Window Tint a visit this morning, Saturday. They seemed quite professional and had a few vehicles to which they were doing window tinting and while I was there a couple of potential customers arrived and were helped. "Charlotte" is the name of the person that helped me - I got the impression that she may be the manager.

First the prices, I quoted Andrew as having told me yesterday that for my wife's future 05 CPE a clear bra would be $249 for a somewhat limited coverage bra and $399 for the "Deluxe" or full bra, including the bumper itself. She corrected that to $249 and $499. (I got the sense that Arthur had misspoken and she would have a talk with him. )

I saw two installations - Arthur's black SUV. The bra looked just fine. I also saw Charlotte's white SUV and it also looked fine, however I could clearly see the edge of the bra on the hood. She said she had not washed it recently and lots of pollen in the air. She wiped her finger along the edge and the line nearly completely disappeared.

I mentioned the new Capital Club and the fact that at least a few of us are researching clear bras. I told her I was going to try to get another member to stop by because I really am not knowledgeable about the subject.

Folks, I've never seen a clear bra in my life - up until today. I have no reference with which to compare neither the installations nor the product I saw today. My sense is that they are a business with which I would have no qualms dealing with, but I think I would need someone who does have knowledge of and experience with clear bras to visit and provide us collectively some advice about Winners Window Tint.

They are closed on Sundays and Mondays.

Their www site is: http://www.winnerswindowtint.com/

A www site to find out about the product is: http://www.clearshield.com/

If anyone is planning to visit, I'd be more than glad to join him or her or I'll simply wait to read about it here.

Last edited by SaltiDawg; 04-26-2005 at 08:05 AM.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:06 PM
SaltiDawg

Originally Posted by pratik97
I cant say I got a clear bra but I have heard of a place in Frederick, MD being pretty good for this. I'll see if I can dig up the name and get back to you. If I remember right the price was reasonable.
Is it possible that the Frederick place is "Auto Trim Design?" This is the next place I am researching. Going up on Thursday to meet with the Manager re clear bra and alarm systems.

I'm still hoping someone follows thru with Winners Window Tint in Rockville.
Espresso?
Old 04-22-2005, 06:58 PM
Pratik

Anything ever come out of this? Were you able to check out that place? I know someone named HooperX is looking for a clearbra in the Rockville area right now.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:58 AM
HooperX

The Winners WIndow Tint is just around the corner...that would be awesome if they turned out to be good. I may go over there during lunch next week, get another opinion of the place.

One of the guys at work gave a strong recommendation for Auto Trim and Design as far as tinting goes. For what it's worth.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:29 PM
Espresso

My install was rescheduled until tomorrow so I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:54 AM
SaltiDawg

Originally Posted by Espresso
My install was rescheduled until tomorrow so I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
Espresso,

Did you check out Winners Window Tint in Rockville? ClearShield @$499?

If not, what product are you getting and who is installing it and at what price?
Old 04-26-2005, 03:58 PM
HooperX

Called up to Auto Trim and Design in Frederick today to get a quote on a clear bra. For the bumper, hood, lights, and mirrors they want $1278.80. Youch!
Old 04-29-2005, 09:26 PM
Steve_Z

Originally Posted by stylez09
Since we have a tint thread started, I might as well start one for Clear Bras since I want one but dont have an idea of costs and locations of installers in the Northern Virginia Area. If you have had it installed please kindly post the cost/location/type of it. Thanks!
Proform Protective Films in Ellicott City MD 1-866-pro-3682, just finished install tonight. Rob Freeman is the owner and he did an amazing job coupe cost about $1195. www.proformauto.com. Rob is a class guy, he replaced a kit that wasn't even his. The person who install my first kit through the dealer used another kit and gave me the warranty information for the proform kits. Rob said that even though it wasn't his kit he didn't want me to suffer because of a bad installer and poor quality kit. The kit Rob installed is a 3M film and a brand new design, I am only the second car that has been done and the first on the east coast. I live in Ashburn VA and it was about and hour trip one way, but it was more that worth the drive.
Old 04-30-2005, 04:58 AM
Premier

hey guys. Just wanted to let you guys know that we will be over in the DC area for some of the rennlist and ferrarichat clubs in late June. If anyone's interested in joining the exotics for our DC Tour, then please feel free to email me directly - sam@premiermobilegroup.com. We are still working on dates to go together with our NY / NJ tour in June 8-17. Here are some pics of a coupe we just did w/ the entire hood: http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51580

Just a fyi: Clearshield is still using 3M's old film, which contains much orange peel that shows up more on darker colored vehicles. This film tends to fade in a few yrs, which is why it only comes w/ the 5 yr warranty like 3M.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:14 AM
SaltiDawg

Originally Posted by Steve_Z
... The person who install my first kit through the dealer used another kit and gave me the warranty information for the proform kits. Rob said that even though it wasn't his kit he didn't want me to suffer because of a bad installer and poor quality kit....
Steve,

I visited Rob at PROFORM yesterday morning. I had spoken to him the day before on the phone and he had described your situation with that Virginia dealer Clear Bra install. Additionally he had a 350Z install scheduled.

When I arrived he took me out to look at your car. As I was looking at your bonnet and he was explaining the fix he was making, I commented that I'd love to see it when the new bra was on. His response was, "Err, it is already installed." (We were like five feet from the car.)

I met Allan and his black on black 350Z. Stayed around long enough to observe Rob's preps and start the install. Also, Rob showed me the "new" design for the G35 CPE and also some other differences in the design that he incorporates.

Possibly of equal importance, Rob showed me samples of about five different film products. He discussed the pros and cons of each - and I mean "each" one, as the 3M product he uses is not without fault.

Wil on this forum has been kind enough to share his expertise with me over the past few weeks and I had hoped to schedule my wife's CPE for a Clear Bra installation when he was here... but we still don't have a firm date for my wife's CPE 6MT to be delivered.

So....
I have decided to have Rob of PROFORM in Ellicott City do the install when my wife's car does get here.

http://www.proformauto.com/

And a discussion of his performance:

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/printthread.php?t=31744

I see that Wil from the Left Coast has weighed in here and he enjoys an absolutely great record of satisfied customers and his willingness to share info with forum members is a great asset to us all.

Thanks Wil for your help. Hope you enjoy your visit to the DC area! I hope some National G Club folks will take you up on an install while you're here with those exotic cars.

SaltiDawg
Old 04-30-2005, 02:37 PM
Steve_Z

Talking Proform

I was truely amazed when I picked up my car, like you said when you stand a few feet away you can see the film. My first kit could be easily seen, but I had not seen another G with the clear bra, so I thought that it was normal. Not only did Rob replace the clear bra but they had to fix a spot on the bumper where the paint came off when they removed the old bra. His paint man blended the paint perfectly. It wasn't Rob's fault that the paint came off, the previous installer cut the first kit on the car, which scored the paint. It was about the size of a half-dollar.

Old 05-03-2005, 10:42 AM
Proform

Steve,
It was a pleasure to make you happy with your car again. Thank you for allowing me to rectify a bad situation. to all potential clients of myself and other installers on the board, please remember you get what you pay for, general rule of thumb is if a deal sounds too good to be true it usually is.
My company was the first in the Mid-Atlantic area to offer PPF and I have worked painstakingly to make sure that the product deserves the recognition that it deserves. Along with installing, I am one of 28 3M distributers in the country as well as 1 of 5 certified 3M training centers.Anyone that tells you it is a perfect product isn't laying out all the facts. As Jerry (salti) had mentioned, my goal is to educate and let people know exactly what to expect, by doing so and taking care of my customers, sometimes at the expense of less profit is how a business should be run. PPF is "VIRTUALLY" invisible, please keep in mind that the product is designed to protect the car, not beautify it, but a properly installed kit shouldnt take away from the intended beauty of the car. Please make sure that you ask your installer pertinent questions and ask for references or to physically see some of their work. Please also keep in mind that quality is normally more expensive than not. Enjoy your cars and drive protected with PROFORM...
sincerely, Rob
Old 05-03-2005, 12:54 PM
SaltiDawg

Originally Posted by Proform
... Enjoy your cars and drive protected with PROFORM...
Rob,

Once JBA calls me to tell me my wife's car is here, you'll be the second person I telephone!

Quick Reply: Clear Bra (Costs/Locations/Type)