Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Taking Care of Stone (light grey) Leather Interior

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 02:54 PM
BostonKiller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Taking Care of Stone (light grey) Leather Interior

Hey guys/gals:

Got me a brand-spanking-new G37 Premium couple of weeks back. Grey with light grey (Stone) interior (really wanted black, but went for the looks). Leather looks beautiful, but I'm noticing some light staining here and there.

Any idea as to what would be the best product to take care of this leather? Remove the stains, basic upkeep, etc?

Much appreciated!
Old 10-02-2013, 03:19 PM
shivers

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Find a cleaner and protector you like. There's a ton of products out there and everybody has a favorite. Definitely pick up a good brush so you can give the leather a good cleaning and make sure any dirt/grime comes out of the grain. Here's a bunch of products with some how-to guides thrown in. Leather Care - Clean, condition & protect leather upholstery with premium, pH-balanced products by Pinnacle, Wolfgang, Lexol, Leatherique, Connolly,

I've got Stone interior as well and it's the first light colored interior I've had. It does take a bit more effort to keep it looking good compared to a black interior. I'm currently using Lexol and Ultima products (interior shampoo gel and trim/tire guard plus). I love the Ultima products. The shampoo took some grease/grime spots of my A-pillar and headliner with no effort what so ever. I'm not sold on the Lexol leather stuff. It works ok, but I've been too lazy to pick up something different.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:37 AM
TOGWT

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Basic 3- Step Leather Care
1. Clean
2. Hydrated
3. Protected

An extract from a TOGWT® Autopia Detailing Wiki Article - “Proper Finished Leather Cleaning and Care” - http://www.autopia.org/forum/guide-d...ning-care.html

TOGWT® Autopia Detailing Wiki Articles (Leather) – http://www.autopia.org/forum/autopia...yperlinks.html
Old 10-03-2013, 12:00 PM
BostonKiller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for your responses. I'll try those and post with results!