Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Help Buying a G37, moonlight White or Black Obsidian?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Mike_Botte95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buying a G37, moonlight White or Black Obsidian?

I currently own a 2003 I35, love it dearly, however my friend is buying it off me so I'm going to treat myself to either a 2009 (color exclusive combo) Moonlight White over stone (2010 they made the wheel and dash gray instead of black) or a 2010 (+) black on black adding the 2008 sport rising spoiler, and the 19 inch coupe rims. Both have to be loaded up sport models, but undecided, because I'm extremely **** and if I get those sun scratches all over my black car, even though I wax it weekly with Mothers brazlian carnauba wax, I'll have to drive the car through a brick wall, where as white doesn't show blemishes, but I feel it looks a little more "feminine" but I also wouldn't want to touch it, no spoiler or new rims, just as it is. I live in New York but could potentially be relocating to West Palm Beach, please people, give me your insight on your color choice and why. Thank you all!
Old 10-02-2013, 01:00 AM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
What are these sun scratches you speak of? It's all personal preference. Choose what you really want. If you've ever seen anyone talk about how tough it is to keep a black car clean..it's true. It's like having a second job just to keep it clean.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:45 AM
Mike_Botte95

Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
What are these sun scratches you speak of? It's all personal preference. Choose what you really want. If you've ever seen anyone talk about how tough it is to keep a black car clean..it's true. It's like having a second job just to keep it clean.
All colors can get the sun scratches, but the really hash linely spider web looking scratches that appear on a black car, and yes everyone has advised me against black because of the high maintenance. I just think a black G looks so ferocious. Although I think I'm going to do what keeps my sanity and get the white, because if not and I get the black one, I'll have to quit my job so I have time to wash it everyday lol
Old 10-02-2013, 09:36 AM
Damn Dirty Ape

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
'sun scratches' lol, you means SWIRLS I do believe.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:51 AM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Threre is nothing feminine about moonlight white. And unless you plan of washing your black car with baby diapers every other day, you're better off with white. Infiniti paint is bad as it is, and I find that an unkept black Infiniti tends to look cheap and dull over time.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Mike_Botte95

Originally Posted by Damn Dirty Ape
'sun scratches' lol, you means SWIRLS I do believe.
No not swirls, they're like spider web looking scratches caused by the sun.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:34 PM
Mike_Botte95

Originally Posted by sniper27
Threre is nothing feminine about moonlight white. And unless you plan of washing your black car with baby diapers every other day, you're better off with white. Infiniti paint is bad as it is, and I find that an unkept black Infiniti tends to look cheap and dull over time.
I know the white is sharp, and if feminine I don't care. and I think infiniti paint is good quality, better then the other cars I've owned and been around. I had a 1995 maxima that was never washed for ten years and didn't have one rust spot after 17 years, that's quality paint. Any Nissan and infiniti share many colors, I love Infiniti's paints, phenomenal
Old 10-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 141 Likes on 117 Posts
Every car my family owns is black on black.

Always bet on black! Best color IMO

Nick C.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:41 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
you didn't wash your car for 10 yrs?
Old 10-02-2013, 03:17 PM
g37x2011

Both look really good. I like white with black interior, it has a good color contrast. Also white with a dark tint looks good too. I just got a black on black one. But when I was looking for one I was going for either white or black.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:04 PM
Mike_Botte95

Originally Posted by sniper27
you didn't wash your car for 10 yrs?
Lol no it was my moms car, then became my stepdads car, then for like a month was my starter car named goldie, but that car took a beating from everyone, never washed, waxed, I mean my mom ran it through a car wash like once a year, took a garbage bag and took the **** out of it, what do you expect from a mom with three kids, atleast it was a GLE lol
Old 10-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Mike_Botte95

Originally Posted by g37x2011
Both look really good. I like white with black interior, it has a good color contrast. Also white with a dark tint looks good too. I just got a black on black one. But when I was looking for one I was going for either white or black.
I do like the white on black g's but I'm so sick of my black interiors, like I feel like they are looking drabby, get hotter, collect more dust, and are just boring, where as way back when my friends mom almost bought an 08 G35S sedan white over stone, we were all in awe, and then I drove an 09 same color combo, I fell right back in love, I think my destiny is the moonlight white over stone, it's really what I want
Old 10-03-2013, 03:22 PM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike_Botte95
No not swirls, they're like spider web looking scratches caused by the sun.
aka you're still talking about swirls. These are not scratches caused by the sun..they're just a lot more easier to see with the sun directly shining on it.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:29 PM
dmccombs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you will take the time to take care of the black paint, then I would say go with it. I think the black exterior looks fantastic on these cars.

I knew I wouldn't take the time to maintain the black paint as I should, so I went with the Moonlight White. Its ok IMO.

I live in New Mexico which gets hot in the summer so I opted for the light interior. I do like the way that looks, especially if you get the wood trim. And the light interior is cooler during the hot months.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:44 PM
ViperG37s

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
MW ... my vote coz that's what I have

Quick Reply: Help Buying a G37, moonlight White or Black Obsidian?