Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Help What to use for Exterior Cleaning on the go? (bird crap, tree sap) and hows this

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 08:19 PM
Roman G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What to use for Exterior Cleaning on the go? (bird crap, tree sap) and hows this

Hey guys,
first things first,

What product do you recommend for removing bird crap, tree sap, esp the dead bugs on the front bumper and various dirt and stuff of the car while on the go? I bought some Meguiars Quick detailer for this and seems to have cleaned the car rather quick and nice. I sprayed some on the cloth/bounty, sprayed some on the area of the car where there was tree sap or bird **** and it cleaned it nice. It says its save for all exterior pain jobs? Have you tried it? How do you like it?

If not, what do you recommend? Just want something that wont damage the clearcoat and finish.

Second, I bought some Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer for use on the DASH, WHEEL, DOOR covers and stuff. it says its safe on all surfaces, is this a good choice? I know most dislike Armor All crap and I too, had a bad run in with ArmourAll

To sum it up, what product in a can or spray bottle can I use that is safe on the black paintjob, to clean dead love bugs that were obliterated on the front bumper, blue birds droppings, tree sap and tar and to clean the dirty spots in general? Whats the best that you like?

Second, am I safe using Meguiars quick interior detailer for inside dash, wheel, armrest and all?

I think I will stick with meguires for leather conditioner as well.

Thank for any feedback

Roman
Old 07-22-2013, 08:52 PM
defektion
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
I just bought some Chemical Guys innercleaner. It's yellow, smells like pineapples (but doesn't stay).

I used it over the weekend and leaves a nice matte finish, with no residue!

As for the seats, I used Autoglym leather cleaner & leather balm with a race glaze leather brush. Clean > Wipe > Let Dry > Apply Leather Balm > Work it in > buff out with clean MF cloth.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:16 AM
Wheelzntoys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like Ultima Interior Shampoo, leaves a nice clean scent. Meg's QID is not bad, I also keep some in my garage and use it.

For outside I stick to waterless product like Ultima Waterless Wash+.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:20 AM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
I would use the quick detailer for in between washes. If it's been too long, dead bugs stuck on there and not fresh I would not quick detail and re-wash the entire car.

I use Meguiars Vinyl & Rubber clear for my interior. Works really good.

People really like Meguiars Ultimate Quick Detailer, Poor Boys QD, Optimum Instant Detailer, Finish Kare 425. I've used Finish Kare 425 before and that stuff works awesome.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:48 AM
John B

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Outside hands down is Lucas Spray mist. Get it at advanced auto parts and I promise it will be the best $10 you'll ever spend. It fills in the swirls that meguiars was leaving.

Inside I use meguiars leather cleaner condition on pretty much everything. I think it adds a good shine.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:54 PM
Mad Oregonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Megs makes a decent product, my tastes tend to run towards chemical guys for their waterless spray wash and interior cleaner but there's nothing wrong with megs
Old 07-28-2013, 08:12 PM
DPNx714

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
For my G, I've only used Meguiar's quick detailer and Poorboy's World Spray and Wipe. I prefer the Poorboy's S&W over the Meguiar's because it seems to streak much less on my black G. I always keep a bottle in my trunk for emergencies.

Once I use up my supply, I'm going to try out Chemical Guys Synthetic Quick Detailer.

For interior, I use 303 Aerospace Protectant.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:58 PM
linusent01

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I like Griot's Speed Shine for the exterior and 303 for the interior. I also strongly agree with quakerroatmeal not to rely on quick detailers on dried out bugs & baked on bird crap. Do a full wash for that.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:42 AM
FourT2

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
For exterior, I think any decent QD will work. I buy Optimum QD and Gloss Enhancer in bulk, and carry a small bottle and some MF towels in my trunk to clean up emergencies (bird crap etc). I also have Poorboys World Spray and Wipe, and Optimum No Rinse mixed as QD.

On a recent road trip, I also brought a bottle of Meg's Quick Interior Detailer, some Bounty towels, and glass cleaner. So I cleaned my windshield and removed bugs paint 1-2 times per day (it was a 3K road trip). That was all I needed to do light to medium clean up of exterior and clean up an occasional spill on interior all season mats.