Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

303 Aerospace Protectant

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 07:01 PM
Paceship

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
303 Aerospace Protectant on leather seats

Anyone use 303 on black leather seats after cleaning and Lexol treatment? If so, are there problems with stickiness or residue?
Old 07-21-2013, 08:20 PM
Chris11LE
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
I think there would be more of a problem from the LEXOL than the 303. I would go so far as saying the 303 would "bring out" the stickiness/residue of the Lexol by actually trying to clean it off. If you search around you'll see the Lexol system has a TON of extra "stuff" in it, which leads to dirt being attracted to it, lots of fillers "sticking" to the leather, etc. Once I read the real results of the products I tossed my basically brand new Lexol stuff.

Personally, I invested in the Leatherique system. Its not TOO expensive considering how little you use, especially after initial cleaning/application.

Id go heavy on the cleaner just to make sure you get all the previous coating(s) off. I think the standard directions say use the oil first THEN the cleaner, but Id consider hitting it with the cleaner first, then the oil, then another step of cleaner.
The following users liked this post:
Paceship (07-22-2013)
Old 07-21-2013, 10:27 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
I've used 303 on the seating, as well as all other plastics and rubbers and door seals on the car. No problems, and this is the 3rd vehicle I've owned while using 303. No residue, but a slight increase in tack compared to dry seats, only for the first short while though. Nothing left behind on clothing. 303 may not have the same cleaning power as some of the available products, but I don't need that function anyhow. Protectant and UV screening is what I'm after. And I have yet to find a better all purpose product that can match 303. Just don't use it on tires, it's too pricey to waste on tires.
Paceship (07-22-2013)
Old 07-21-2013, 10:45 PM
hobbs
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Leather = Zaino.
Paceship (07-22-2013)
Old 07-21-2013, 10:58 PM
Bota36
Registered Member

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by canucklehead
I've used 303 on the seating, as well as all other plastics and rubbers and door seals on the car. No problems, and this is the 3rd vehicle I've owned while using 303. No residue, but a slight increase in tack compared to dry seats, only for the first short while though. Nothing left behind on clothing. 303 may not have the same cleaning power as some of the available products, but I don't need that function anyhow. Protectant and UV screening is what I'm after. And I have yet to find a better all purpose product that can match 303. Just don't use it on tires, it's too pricey to waste on tires.
I must agree with Canuklehead. This is my second vehicle which I've used 303 and its done great for me. I use it on all my interior plus the exterior rubber trim around the windows, hood and sun roof.
Paceship (07-22-2013)
Old 07-21-2013, 11:23 PM
amt120

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I use 303 with a slightly damp microfiber cloth. I find that it helps wipe away dirt and grime while applying the 303. I reapply/clean the seats about once a month.
Paceship (07-22-2013)
Old 07-23-2013, 05:38 PM
billsws6
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
leatherique is the way to go. the oil penetrates the leather and pushes the dirt out to the surface. ( should be done on a hot day with the windows up and let it bake for at least 6 hours ). then you use the cleaner to take off the dirt. for a quick clean i use the zaino leather cleaner.
Paceship (07-23-2013)
Old 07-24-2013, 02:39 AM
FourT2

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I use 303 on all interior surfaces except leather, plus tires and plastic part in the engine bay to help repel dust. For leather I use either leatherique or things like Poorbooy's leather stuff or Optimum leather cleaner, because these were designed specifically for leather. Leatherique is my favorite and the two can set lasts you for a while.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:46 AM
FourT2

Originally Posted by Rochester
Last night I applied this to half of my dashboard plastics, while applying Armor All "Natural Finish Detailer" to the other half. At the time I didn't see or feel like there was any perceivable difference between the two. So this morning I reviewed the dashboard plastics again... and still don't see any difference one way or the other.

It seems the proper response to this little venture is "Meh".

4X the money for no apparent added value.
After some time passed, did you notice any difference on which part of the dash attracts more dust?
Old 07-24-2013, 04:38 AM
boydzfv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've used 303 on the seating, as well as all other plastics and rubbers and door seals on the car.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:22 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by FourT2
After some time passed, did you notice any difference on which part of the dash attracts more dust?
No. However...

I did use the Aerospace Protectant in a way that I liked. In both my cars, I use black rubber floor mats all year long. I like how they look. In my G, they're OEM winter mats. In my wife's Honda, they're Weathertech mats.

After washing the mats clean with soap and water, and letting them dry, I sprayed them down evenly with 303, leaned them upright and then just let them dry. In other words, I didn't wipe them down. Well, they came out really, really nice. I think I've found a new technique for the floor mats.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:22 PM
FourT2

Originally Posted by Rochester
No. However...

I did use the Aerospace Protectant in a way that I liked. In both my cars, I use black rubber floor mats all year long. I like how they look. In my G, they're OEM winter mats. In my wife's Honda, they're Weathertech mats.

After washing the mats clean with soap and water, and letting them dry, I sprayed them down evenly with 303, leaned them upright and then just let them dry. In other words, I didn't wipe them down. Well, they came out really, really nice. I think I've found a new technique for the floor mats.
That is pretty cool. I like to use 303 on my tires because they don't look glossy and shiny, just black and nice and clean. I will try them on my all season mats now. For the most part, I just wash them with strong degreaser (P21S or Optimum PowerClean) and they look very nice and clean.

I was afraid to use anything on the mats after I ruined one set by applying Chemical Guys Fade 2 Black. This stuff is meant for things like wheel wells. The mats looked fantastic, but they were too slippery to the point of being dangerous especially on the driver seat. So I threw them out as this stuff would not come off completely even after multiple washes.

Is 303 slippery on the mats at all?
Old 07-25-2013, 06:47 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by FourT2
Is 303 slippery on the mats at all?
Yes, for a few days.

Give it a try on one mat and check it out. Wash the mat, let it dry, then spay it with 303, set it on end and just let the 303 dry on it. Let me know what you think.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:38 AM
mpegripper
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
303 is too shiny for me, i prefer 1z einszett or sonax dashboard cleaner...a lot more matte looking
Old 07-26-2013, 01:40 AM
mpegripper
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
leather i like zaino, leatherique (lots of work) and best based on how the leather is dyed is gliptone

Quick Reply: 303 Aerospace Protectant