Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Recommendations on removing dirt and stains on white leather seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 07:08 PM
mfc12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recommendations on removing dirt and stains on white leather seats

Hi fellow members,

Anyone have any tips on removing dirt and stains on white leather seats?

Refer to photos

much appreciated
Attached Thumbnails Recommendations on removing dirt and stains on white leather seats-p1110609.jpg  

Last edited by mfc12; 11-10-2012 at 11:02 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:41 AM
TOGWT

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Leather cleaning - as dirt / grit and subsequent friction cause the finish to wear. Oil combines with little bits of dust and dirt, acting like a fine sand paper that wears down the protective coating on your seats as passengers get in and out of your car. That protective layer makes your leather seats more resilient to scratches, water and heat damage as well as other types of wear and tear, so, once that layer is worn thin, your seats are more susceptible to all types of damage.

Use aqueous (water- based) foam cleaner (Leather Master™ Foam Cleaner) especially on aniline or ventilated seats. Foam encapsulates the dirt so that it can then be wiped away; allow the foam to dwell to ensure the chemicals have time to work. For ingrained soil the best results when cleaning the leather is to use a medium soft bristled brush to agitate the cleaner, this ensures a thorough cleaning

For stubborn dirt - use Leather Master™ Strong Cleaner, which can be diluted with distilled water to the required strength; do not apply any liquid cleaning product directly to the surface of finished leather, as it may ‘spot’ clean leaving a faded area? Always apply cleaning products to folded 100% cotton micro fibre towel and then apply using light / medium pressure.
For extremely soiled finished leather - use a Griot's 3- inch (speed # 4-5) an Interior Brush for Orbital Polisher (Porter Cable 7424, Griot's Random Orbital Polishers (3 inch and 6 inch) as well as the Cyclo)

The brush has a connector which screws directly into listed orbital polishers. Use with 1z einszett Vinyl Deep Cleaner (Plastik Reiniger) or Leather Master™ Strong Cleaner, using very little applied pressure

“Proper Finished Leather Cleaning and Care” - http://www.autopia.org/forum/guide-d...ning-care.html

I hope the information in this article is of some help to you. If you have any further questions please let me know
Old 11-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Moonlight_White

Originally Posted by mfc12
Hi fellow members,

Anyone have any tips on removing dirt and stains on white leather seats?

Refer to photos

much appreciated
by far the best result i have had personally and many others are leatherique and with the level of dirt and grime illustrated in your picture if you do the step by step process outlined on DetaileImage.com you will make the seat look like new. Especially if you can be disciplined to the 24-48 rejuvenation process. Post some before and afters.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:03 PM
venkatsharat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I always use the wipes from Walmart.They work fine for me
Old 11-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts
The Leatherique Prestine Clean and Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil has always been a favorite for leather care. This Leatherique How To article shows some amazing before and after pics if interested. Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to help.

Now is a great time to stock up with our 25% off sale (code Thanks12) through 11/26, plus we have free s/h on orders over $99, no coupon code needed.

Greg @ DI
Old 12-08-2012, 06:14 PM
aj37x

i would recommend using Griot's interior cleaner then follow up with Griot's leather cleaner/treatment
Old 12-10-2012, 09:49 AM
IPL 370GT

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
I use Lexol and Zaino products on my seats. Both products work well... I use aerospace 303 for protection.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Track Bandit

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Cleaning leather

The key here gentlemen is to take care of your seats using a good product and there are a lot of them out there. Don't abuse them and do it yearly and you'll be surprised at how easy it can be. I've used Lexol, Griot's and even Zmol products for my leather and they all work well. Just do it before real damage occurs and you'll be rewarded with your efforts. Have fun.

Al