Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

spiders...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 09:59 PM
chlutz214
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
spiders...

this week ive found 2 spiders living in my car... they have also been stringing webs across my windsheild... i had the same damn problem with my last car too... any ideas on how to make sure they are all gone?
Old 05-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts
Burn the car! Ew I hate spiders so bad!

There are a few sprays that you could spray into a towel and wipe down parts of your car. And spray the surrounding area of wherever you park it. That will help.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:25 PM
chlutz214
Registered Member

what kind of bug killer doesnt harm the interior?
Old 05-23-2012, 11:39 PM
rlo
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Usually when I find spiders, anywhere I just vacuum them up.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:46 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
If you're finding webs in your car...you're not cleaning it enough.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:33 AM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
Spiders and webs in the car! Ahhhhh, I would go crazy!
Old 05-24-2012, 02:12 AM
Samurai

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you park your car in a garage or outside? If you have a garage try disinfecting and cleaning your garage once and a while to keep those critters from making webs along your ceiling walls and tight spaces.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:24 AM
TOGWT

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Arachnids (Spiders)

Many people have an inherent fear of spiders. They are attracted to warm, dark small spaces, like panel gaps, air vents, and in the engine bay or trunk of your vehicle. Some species prefer to stay closer to the outdoors, weaving their webs in your garage, garden or near your outside lighting. Most spiders are a nuisance primarily because of their webbing.

All spiders can and will bite if in danger or accidentally touched; and any spider bite can cause a reaction, ranging from a sting type bite to those requiring hospitalization. Different people react in different ways

EcoSMART Spider Blaster - Spider Blaster (9 oz can) « Safe Pesticides for Home | EcoSMART Organic Insecticide Bug Spray
Application:

Kills spiders (black widow, brown recluse, cellar, wolf, and others), scorpions, silverfish and other crawling insects Hold container upright and aim nozzle away from person. Press button firmly to spray. Contact as many insects as possible. For spiders, apply until web is wet. Repeat as necessary.
Spider Identification (USA) - Spider Identification - Venomous spiders in USA
Old 05-24-2012, 10:14 AM
chlutz214
Registered Member

when i say web i dont mean like a web web... i mean like 2 or 3 single strands of web that they spun over night that go from one end o the windsheild to the other.

and i park outside.

and im not scared of the spiders or anything im just extremely annoyed that they are in my car... i dont want anything living in my car. especially when they make annoying webs across my windsheild.

and thanks for the recommendation TOGWT. im hoping that those 2 just happened to like walk into the car when i opened the door... but if i see any more im going to have to spray...
Old 05-24-2012, 05:45 PM
defeated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've seen a spider in every car I've ever owned, so much that I consider the car spider lucky Mine must be the stalking type spiders, because I've never seen webs. That would blow my spider tolerance away.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:58 PM
MyocyteX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
At least you are not alone I guess.... Good luck killing them. I exterminated two wolf spiders last night that were in the guest shower. I'm ruthless with spiders - I like them to suffer! ha!

Name:  Screenshot2012-05-24at25657PM.png
Views: 24
Size:  147.1 KB
Old 05-24-2012, 11:12 PM
chlutz214
Registered Member

Originally Posted by defeated
I've seen a spider in every car I've ever owned, so much that I consider the car spider lucky Mine must be the stalking type spiders, because I've never seen webs. That would blow my spider tolerance away.
yea i wouldnt mind a random spider coming in with me every once in a while or something... but i cant stand when they end up living in there... with my last car i would come out every morning to see 5 or 6 shiny strands of spider silk going clear across the windshield from driver side to passenger side... every time i drove at night i saw one and killed it... im pretty sure one laid eggs in it and i had a whole family of them... diddnt care much about my yellow frontier... but i DO NOT want this to happen to my g...

and that bug bomb thing sounds pretty cool.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:55 AM
zoner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those with spiders in the garage. I used an paint insecticide additive that supposed to used outdoors sparingly by mixing a separate batch and painting a six inch band along all the corners of my garage, much like joint compound. This kept my garage web free for 15 years.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:04 PM
stoutg37s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah bro clean out your garage lol
Old 07-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Himalaya
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I park outside, black on black car. A month ago, cleaned the whole inside, and the next day i pulled back the passenger seat to let someone sit there and boom, biggest spiderweb ever! covering the whole back, it was crazy!