Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Supplies for cleaning my G

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 07:19 PM
Sarah Brown

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Supplies for cleaning my G

I just got an 08 G37S and am heading to the Auto Supply store tonight and wondering what should I purchase? I've never had such a sweet ride before and what to know how to take care of it. Soap? Towels? Leather Cleaner? Interior spray? Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:48 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Shop @ detailedimage.com and not an auto supply store for starters. GL with your search and happy detailing.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:13 PM
SkylineAWD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check in the car care and detailing forum. Phil at Detail's Domain carries a lot of great products for our cars.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:49 PM
jon23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Soon you'll find that MF towels are your best friend! Don't use chamois, paper towels, and stay away from Armor All. As many members here recommend, head to detailedimage.com or autogeek.net for quality care products.

I own a Black G37 and when I bought it, I thought it looked shiny. But then noticed swirls everywhere... I did paint/color correction and brought back the depth and true gloss of our cars. It is a PITB to keep a black car looking good, but it's very rewarding when done right.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:14 PM
DashKid
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry not to bash the new person but do you ever use the search button?

There is a whole thread about cleaning products and what people use. There are also reviews of other members writing reviews about cleaning products.

Please use the search button.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:46 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by DashKid
Sorry not to bash the new person but do you ever use the search button?

There is a whole thread about cleaning products and what people use. There are also reviews of other members writing reviews about cleaning products.

Please use the search button.

I wish you can retweet on forums :/
Old 04-30-2012, 12:01 AM
ayarj12
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car Care & Detailing - MyG37
Old 04-30-2012, 12:30 AM
jesse550

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Optimum No Rinse, two buckets, one or 2 grit guards, 2-3 micro fiber/chenille/sheepskin mitts, water, waffle weave towles, optional leaf blower (thanks black betty), and time out of your schedule.

Of course, you'll probably have to order some of this online.

Leather conditioner & vacuum for the interior I guess?
Old 04-30-2012, 01:04 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
To keep it simple...

Starting out, I'd go for two orange buckets from home depot (cheap), a jug of meguiars gold class car wash from costco (cheap), get a microfiber wash mit or two, and some large waffleweave microfiber towels for drying the car. You may be able to get these type of mits and waffleweave towels at the auto supply store.

One bucket has regular water and the other has the soap water. You'll dunk the wash mit into the non-soapy water first to get rid of dirt/sediment, then into the soap water and onto the car.

As for your leather, i'd get a damp cloth with just water first and get the dirt off the seats. Dirt is our #1 enemy because it wears off the urethane color coating of the leather. Putting any moisturizing product on the seat without getting the dirt off first will do more harm than good IMO.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:09 PM
surfjax87

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cruzmisl
To keep it simple...

Starting out, I'd go for two orange buckets from home depot (cheap), a jug of meguiars gold class car wash from costco (cheap), get a microfiber wash mit or two, and some large waffleweave microfiber towels for drying the car. You may be able to get these type of mits and waffleweave towels at the auto supply store.

One bucket has regular water and the other has the soap water. You'll dunk the wash mit into the non-soapy water first to get rid of dirt/sediment, then into the soap water and onto the car.

As for your leather, i'd get a damp cloth with just water first and get the dirt off the seats. Dirt is our #1 enemy because it wears off the urethane color coating of the leather. Putting any moisturizing product on the seat without getting the dirt off first will do more harm than good IMO.
+1. No need to go all out and spend hundreds at detailedimage, even though I've spent too much money there. For the leather, I still use Lexol I buy from autozone and people still ask if I just bought my car cause it smells like new leather. But 2 buckets, a decent microfiber wash mit, microfiber drying towel, a decent car wash soap, and something like meguirs nxt wax is all you really need. Yes there's better out there, but using basic products the right way is much better than using good/expensive products the wrong way.