Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Best sealant/wax to use by hand

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by baysurfer
Hey Greg, do you guys do price matching? I sent you a PM - please let me know.
We do not price match at this time, however we do have many other ways to help save. We offer 10% off to forum members on most items (excludes tools, sale items and DI Packages) with the coupon code 10OFFG37. We also have many items discounted deeply in our current sale items page. We also have our daily, weekly and monthly specials on our homepage (Detailed Image - Premium Auto Detailing and Car Care Products). With the weekly special coupon code you can receive a free item with your purchase if you meet the min spend. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Greg @ DI
Old 05-05-2012, 01:15 PM
parasailing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Greg,

I currently have the Menzerna Power Lock product. Is the Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection that much better?

This is the first time I have tried a sealant and find it much easier to apply than wax.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:52 PM
san~man

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Is it a "wipe on/wipe off" product? (I know nothing about it). If it isn't, I'd say the blackfire is easier to use.

However, Menz makes some of the best stuff so I don't doubt it's good. I still consider PO85RD to be the holy grail
Old 05-05-2012, 09:06 PM
Legz
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
PROFESSIONAL CAR WAX - WET DEEP GLOSS BUTTER WET WAX CAR WAX AND AUTO POLISH

One of the best sh*t ever! Goes on easy and comes off xxxxxtremely easy. Stuff will make your car look real wet
Old 05-06-2012, 12:50 AM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
^ that stuff looks good. i've had great results with the XXX paste wax, so i may have to try some of the butter wet wax stuff when the XXX runs out. only $16!
Old 05-06-2012, 10:27 PM
Redpit

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
It's more than $25, but Zaino Brothers makes the best stuff I've ever seen. The car feels like your hand sinks into it. It also has been shown to last and protect for well over 6 months. Everybody I have ever shown it to agrees that it is the best stuff they ever seen. If you have the time and money it is well worth it.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:27 AM
san~man

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Redpit
It's more than $25, but Zaino Brothers makes the best stuff I've ever seen. The car feels like your hand sinks into it. It also has been shown to last and protect for well over 6 months. Everybody I have ever shown it to agrees that it is the best stuff they ever seen. If you have the time and money it is well worth it.
I think it's overrated, IMO. The results are good, but you have to go through a hell of a lot of steps to get there using different products, and it's expensive.

Originally Posted by Legz
PROFESSIONAL CAR WAX - WET DEEP GLOSS BUTTER WET WAX CAR WAX AND AUTO POLISH

One of the best sh*t ever! Goes on easy and comes off xxxxxtremely easy. Stuff will make your car look real wet
If you think that's good, try their 50/50 carnuba
Old 05-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by parasailing
Hi Greg,

I currently have the Menzerna Power Lock product. Is the Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection that much better?

This is the first time I have tried a sealant and find it much easier to apply than wax.

It's very comparable, but the BFWD is just a tad slicker and easier to work with in my opinion. Just apply either one very thin, usually one ounce or less per coat on an average size car. Wait roughly 15+ minutes and then buffing off the excess should be easy if you have a quality microfiber towel like the (DI Microfiber All Purpose Towel).

If you want a product with NO removal at all check out the amazing Optimum Opti-Seal & Free Yellow Foam Applicator or Blackfire Crystal Seal Paint Sealant. Both options are applied extremely thin, usually about .25 ounces or less per coat. When you are done no removal is needed it dries clear and provides solid protection, just short of what the BFWD can offer. I use this product all the time for quick details, glass, wheels, etc. Hope this helps!

Greg @ DI
Old 05-28-2012, 06:50 PM
MN-G-Fever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I used Poorboys one step polish and sealant for a quick application by hand. Also used Dodo Juice wax series for my M35 (Light Fantastic for pearl paint) and G35 coupe (Purple haze for Diamond Graphite). Detailed Image is who I go through to get all my products
Old 06-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Audi_2_G37x

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My favorite and "go to" wax is Collinite No. 845 Insulator Wax. It looks great on any color and a little goes a very very long way. As long as you apply it in thin coats, it is as easy (if not easier) as any other wax. And as far as longevity, its hard to find a wax (not sealant) that will last longer.