Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Basic Car Wash Products

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 06:21 PM
g37brad
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Basic Car Wash Products

Hey guys,

What's up? I use to be obsessed with washing my old car in high school, and would literally do it every Saturday for hours. My friend and I had a ritual and we'd always get some food and jam out to music and detail the cars. I'm pretty sure I overdid it but I loved it.

Ever since I got my Infiniti (way nicer than my old car) I have really been slacking on washing it myself since I've been so busy. I'll randomly take it to a car wash, or whenever it gets serviced they'll wash it.

So today I realized I need to start washing it again on the weekends atleast when I can to make sure to keep it fresh, because nobody else really does a perfect job, and I love TIRE SHINE! ()

So here are my questions...Sorry for the above rant...

1. Whats a good group of products to use for a basic weekend wash? (soap, towels, drier, rims, tire shine, etc)

2. Is there a website/store I can just buy everything at all together, like a kit? I remember I use to always go to Pepboys to buy all my products. I just want some good cheap typical products.

3. How is tire shine for your tires/car? I use to have the shiniest tires at my college and everyone always asked me what I used. Is there a really good product for this? Does this shine have any negative affects on the tire?

Thanks! Love you guys!
Old 01-22-2012, 08:49 PM
Dfrench200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Detailed Image is an awesome site and I get all of my supplies from them. Not only do they have all of the supplies you would need but they have many articles on what to use in what situations. Fantastic information and support... and no I dont work for them, just a loyal customer.

As for tire shine I have recently switched to Tuf Shine. Its like a clear coat for your tires. Looks great and lasts a loooonnnggg time, if you follow the prep procedure.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:45 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts
Dfrench200 thanks for the intro I'd be happy to help you out! We have everything you need and I'll outline some kits and the best options for each area you mentioned. WE offer 10% off with the code 10offg37, but it doesn't apply to sale items DI Packages and tools. The technology over the last few years have gotten much better so I think you'll be very happy with the results. If you need assistance we're here to help but I also encourage you to check out our detailing guide and our Ask a Pro Blog.

Wash and Dry - pick any one of these three
DI Packages Washing and Drying Basic Kit
DI Packages Washing and Drying Starter Package
DI Packages Washing and Drying Advanced Kit

Wheel and Tire Kit - same thing here, pick any one of these three
DI Packages Wheel and Tire Basic Kit
DI Packages Wheel and Tire Starter Kit
DI Packages Wheel and Tire Ultimate Kit

The crazy glossy tires shines used back in the day were often times using a form of silicone that was not very good for the tires and with repeated use you can get some dry rot in the tire. The dressing in these kits is water based, apply two thin coats if you want a deep gloss again! If you have the time for a longer application process the TUF SHINE Tire Appearance Kit is the most durable tire dressing I've ever used and with two coats it looks glossy for a LONG time relative to any other dressing I've used. If you have any questions please let me know!

Greg @ DI