Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Help Recommendations to Protect Paint

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 10:50 AM
Swacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HTP AutoWorks
Just wax the car with a good carnuba wax and you will be fine. I recommend my clients use Zaino... and I also offer a bottle of sealant with every install purchased. Make sure you go with a good film. I recommend VentureShield Ultra and Avery Nano Fusion. I always test the new films out and these are the two best out right now... although I hear the new Xpel Ultimate film is very good. Havent tested it yet though so I cant speak personally for it.

And yes the film will shine just the same as the uncovered areas.
Thanks for getting back to me. I appreciate your experience and expertise on the matter.

Do you sell these products yourself? Do you offer forum discounts? And what sealant are you talking about? How do you get the different films? Just order them, or will the shop have it? Also, where are you located?

I'm looking for someone in the Pittsburgh Area with a good reputation to do my IPL sometime next Spring when I get the car. I'm going to get the whole front bumper done, the entire hood, and the mirrors. Any other recommendations? Anything I'm missing that I would regret?

Thanks again
Old 10-18-2011, 05:37 PM
HTP AutoWorks

I do cut and sell kits but I would recommend you find an installer there that will do a good job. They will more than likely want to use their film since they are more comfortable installing it. I am not sure of any installers up there but I will check around. As far as coverage I think you have a pretty good idea of what to get. Just make sure to get the lights to as it is cheap protection and will keep them looking new.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:43 AM
JEBperformance
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
IMO Paint Making Tape. I KID

Old 10-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Swacer

Originally Posted by HTP AutoWorks
I do cut and sell kits but I would recommend you find an installer there that will do a good job. They will more than likely want to use their film since they are more comfortable installing it. I am not sure of any installers up there but I will check around. As far as coverage I think you have a pretty good idea of what to get. Just make sure to get the lights to as it is cheap protection and will keep them looking new.
Please let me know what you can find. I'm trying to do a search for myself, and the dealership isn't really offering any suggestions either. According to them, Nissan offers great paint lol