Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Lamborghini Gallardo Reconditioning 23 Hour Detail

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 10:33 AM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts
Lamborghini Gallardo Reconditioning 23 Hour Detail

The Detailed Image Ask a Pro Blog provides you with top quality detailing articles from elite detailers around the US. We share professional detail work, product reviews and step by step instructions along the way to help both new and experienced detailers. Check out this outstanding write up with pictures on the Lamborghini Gallardo Reconditioning 23hr Detail from author and professional detailer Eric Schuster in Orange County, CA. This Gallardo has all the normal accumulation of swirls, oxidation, very dirty wheels and many other dirty areas that are often left untouched. Eric does an amazing job paying attention to all the small details that separate the ordinary from extraordinary. Check out a few of the pictures below, but see the full Lamborghini Gallardo Reconditioning article here.

Deep cleaning the paint with a clay bar

Left wheel not cleaned, right wheel cleaned with SONAX Wheel Cleaner Full Effect

BEFORE

AFTER

Completed!

Read the entire Lamborghini Gallardo Reconditioning article here and learn more about what products and techniques were used to complete this outstanding detail!

If you have any questions please let me know or leave a comment at the bottom of the article.

Greg @ DI
Old 08-18-2011, 11:03 AM
cvroom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
great article. your website has so much information and how to. i use your detailing 101 section as my detailing bible.

how old was that lambo? the reason i ask is im trying to figure out when its time to use a heavy cut compound like m105 on a car. typically when you see scratches like that common sense clues you in to use it but i know the heavy compound will also thin out the clear coat. im hesitant to use it on a car that is under 2 years old. what do you advise?

thanks!
Old 08-18-2011, 12:17 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts
I'm thrilled to hear the detailing information we provide has been so helpful. You can ask Eric directly what year it is by posting a comment on the article page, sorry I don't have that info. However I can say that it is really never too early to do a compounding if the paint has enough swirls and oxidation in it. I've compounded brand new cars that came with the "factory installed" swirls. If you work hard to maintain the finish afterwards you won't need to do it frequently. Using these compounds with a PC or Flex buffer will remove virtually none of the clear coat at all, so you really don't have to worry much at all. At the microscopic you are really just smoothing out the rough edges swirls leave behind so visually the surface looks flawless, instead of actually removing a layer. If you have any other questions please let me know.

Greg @ DI
Old 08-18-2011, 01:05 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Very nice...
Old 08-24-2011, 12:21 PM
UN1263

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Awesome detail job.

Notice how crappy of a weld this is on the front end. I sure hope this car has been wrecked/repaired because there's cleaner welds on KIAs.
Attached Thumbnails Lamborghini Gallardo Reconditioning 23 Hour Detail-5960159562_14f6c8cec2_z.jpg