Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Help car detailer in nyc?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 06:25 PM
chogrilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
car detailer in nyc?

anyone have any recommendations for good a car detailer in new york queens area?
Old 03-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts
Not in Queens but not too far either for top quality, check out Auto Detailing in New York serving Westchester and Fairfield County - Detailing Technology.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:42 PM
BLKG37X

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Detailed Image
Not in Queens but not too far either for top quality, check out Auto Detailing in New York serving Westchester and Fairfield County - Detailing Technology.
If I'm looking to have a professional detail done on the exterior only, removing swirls and fine scratches on my black 4dr G, what in your opinion would be a reasonable price for such a job?
Old 03-14-2011, 05:24 PM
MarcHarris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BLKG37X
If I'm looking to have a professional detail done on the exterior only, removing swirls and fine scratches on my black 4dr G, what in your opinion would be a reasonable price for such a job?
I'd expect $450-750. Matters on who you go with and the condition of your ride. It's hard to give a good estimate online, but for a black car to be done correctly, it's not cheap because it's very time / labor intensive.

Lower end of the quote will likely be someone with less experience, higher end would be closer to what I'd expect you to be quoted from someone that really knows what he is doing.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:48 PM
SRG

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MarcHarris
I'd expect $450-750. Matters on who you go with and the condition of your ride. It's hard to give a good estimate online, but for a black car to be done correctly, it's not cheap because it's very time / labor intensive.

Lower end of the quote will likely be someone with less experience, higher end would be closer to what I'd expect you to be quoted from someone that really knows what he is doing.
ummm....yeah i dont know where you get your cars done lol I'd say $200-$450 is the most you should be paying...Obviously, yes if your car is like FKKKDD up then just get a new paintjob lol but if you're paying more then $450.00 for removing swirls and your paint isn't that messed up...then yeah $450 is the most.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:04 PM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
The best detailer in the Tri-State area. He's a sponsor on our forum for over 4 years, and detailed/washed thousands of G's.

BIG "A" DETAILING Shop Introduction & Pricing - G35 NYC
Old 03-14-2011, 08:47 PM
Clutchr6

Originally Posted by 180Custom
The best detailer in the Tri-State area. He's a sponsor on our forum for over 4 years, and detailed/washed thousands of G's.

^^^^ What he said
Old 03-15-2011, 09:36 AM
BLKG37X

Originally Posted by 180Custom

Thanks for the info
Old 03-15-2011, 04:17 PM
D_Nyholm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It really depends on what you want. If you want a simple one step polish of the exterior that will remove 50-75% of the swirls and scratches (deeper ones will be hardly noticeable, but still there), i'd expect to pay in the $200 range for exterior ONLY. If you want a multi-step compound/polish/burnish that may include wetsanding to remove ALL scratches and swirls, you are going to be looking at a starting price of at least $400. They usually charge by the hour after that base of $400 and expect to pay $40-$80/hour after that. On a daily driver car, that is basically unnecessary. Stick with a standard one step (or two step) polish that will remove the majority of the imperfections in the paint and 95% of the people will be happy with that level of correction. If the car is your weekend/show car, then it will be worth it to pay to get it perfect, but just make sure you know how to maintain it afterward or all that money you just spent will be wasted as it is ruined by a imperfect wash routine.

I've heard good things about Big A's

Also, Detailers Domain (New Jersey) and Detailing Dynamics (i believe Lynbrook) have good reputations.