Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Anyone buy the interior/exterior protection insurance from dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 11:53 AM
Bigbodyg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Anyone buy the interior/exterior protection insurance from dealer?

hi guys

when i got my g37 i also bought the interior and exterior protection - which covered any damage to the interior and rusting on the exterior (even stone chips)

was wondering if anyone else got this? and used it yet?

i usually dont buy this extra add-ons but the stone chip protection was a good thing.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:40 PM
Obvis07

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
u could have just gotten a clear bra instead of stone chip protection. i think clear bra is only like 300-400 dollars. i ono how much the it would be for that package u got. but if that is all u wanted u should have gotten a clear bra.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:28 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
honestly the tire/wheel protection warranty and the exterior environmental protection plan are two that I'd recommend. If you garage your car or wash/wax your car regularly, then #2 will not apply.

I sell aftermarket wheels to clients with the wheel/tire protection and hey if youwant to drive on 20's and don't care that it'll be covered if it gets bent, then fine.

for the exterior protection if you leave bird poop or anything, then you're in trouble
Old 08-31-2010, 02:07 PM
Gobbler Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did purchase it. Mainly because it was around $500 and that seemed like good insurance to me. I was especially thinking back to some gatorade that I spilled in my previous car. Stained the carpet bad. I tried like crazy to get it out, but never could. This gave me instant protection against.

Now thinking about it, I have noticed some water spots on my paint that I cant get out. I will have to check the protection plan, but I am pretty sure that it is covered. Also, on the inside visor, somebody put a big fingerprint on it. I tried to get it out, but wound up leaving "water staining". I will have to get them to take care of that also.

Once I get those taken care of, I will feel well on my way to feeling good about the extra money spent.