Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

got my clear bra installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 05:04 PM
MyGcoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got my clear bra installed

After doing a lot of research on the pros and cons of clearbras I went with full hood/full fenders/bumper/mirror/headlights/and a part of the door sills. (fenders and hood got wrapped edges too)

In doing my research I found out that just as important as the film being used is the person installing it. After concidering multiple shops and comparing pictures of their work as well as price I went with TVP auto. The owner is Pete and most of you probably have not heard of him because most of his work is featured out of North Carolina. He comes out here a few times a month to do jobs at Porsche in Beverley Hills.

His work came out extremely clean and I would highly recomend him to anybody who's concidering getting this done.

Clear Bra - 3M Paint Protection Film - Window Tinting | Serving Raleigh Area (Morrisville) and Los Angeles
Old 07-27-2010, 05:08 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

pics please!
Old 07-28-2010, 04:41 AM
MyGcoupe

I knew someone would ask for pictures... honestly though- it's clear. I dont know what to take a picture of. As far as lines go; most of the car has wrapped edges and the few lines i do have i believe would be too light to show up in a picture. I'll try to once my buddy comes over with a decent camera.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:47 PM
Frankyg37s

hahhaaha pics of the clear bra hahaaha just look at your car and picture a clear bra on it
Old 07-28-2010, 10:54 PM
Frankyg37s

mygcoupe how much did u pay?i paid 450 for bumper,mirrors ,,part fenders and hood....
I dont think more is needed.

...maybe the stock clear near the rear fender need to be bigger im getting paint chips there?????(anyone else)
Old 07-29-2010, 05:19 AM
MyGcoupe

He charged me $900; many of the other guys wanted about $1300+ (which is way more than I wanted to spend). and honestly, i couldn't have pictured the work to come out any better than it did so paying those guys $1300 would of been a complete waist of $$$. Franky, I only did more because i HATE the line across the fenders and hood. Seriously though, I was so skeptical about getting it done but this guy does amazzzing work and you wouldn't even notice it unless i pointed it out. Even when pointing it out i've had some people STILL not see it.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Frankyg37s

Yea the line on the hood is slightly notticeable of course i guess i should of went full hood just for that
Old 07-30-2010, 01:46 PM
YeeP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, full hood huh? What about waxing it and stuff?
Old 07-30-2010, 11:48 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

I'd really like to see pictures.

picture or

Old 08-01-2010, 06:46 AM
mystakin
Registered Member

i am thinking about getting parts of my car covered. already had a few dings that i know couldve been prevented with a clear bra. how apparent is it? can you tell that its even there? I really dont like the look of having the edges show and all, but then again i hate having little rock dings.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:25 AM
sick6speed

Hey man,

I got mine done by Pete too back in Feb of this year. I live in NC and he's well known out here. He works on a lot of Porches and I was referred to him by a friend who got his Lexus GS done by him. I have a MW G37S and it's been over 6 months now and it's still spotless. He also did my overlays on my headlights, tails and roof. Glad you like the work too!

Originally Posted by MyGcoupe
After doing a lot of research on the pros and cons of clearbras I went with full hood/full fenders/bumper/mirror/headlights/and a part of the door sills. (fenders and hood got wrapped edges too)

In doing my research I found out that just as important as the film being used is the person installing it. After concidering multiple shops and comparing pictures of their work as well as price I went with TVP auto. The owner is Pete and most of you probably have not heard of him because most of his work is featured out of North Carolina. He comes out here a few times a month to do jobs at Porsche in Beverley Hills.

His work came out extremely clean and I would highly recomend him to anybody who's concidering getting this done.

Clear Bra - 3M Paint Protection Film - Window Tinting | Serving Raleigh Area (Morrisville) and Los Angeles
Old 09-03-2010, 10:36 PM
g37convert

clearbra installation CT/NY

just had a clearbra installed on my newly purchased BO g37x by john *** (203.273.0952). he is based out of greenwich, ct and also does work for local dealerships. installed ventureshield on bumper/fender, hood and mirrors for $700 via a house call. the job looks great, the only hint of a clearbra is the line across the hood.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:53 PM
ScottyBeGood

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by g37convert
just had a clearbra installed on my newly purchased BO g37x by john *** (203.273.0952). he is based out of greenwich, ct and also does work for local dealerships. installed ventureshield on bumper/fender, hood and mirrors for $700 via a house call. the job looks great, the only hint of a clearbra is the line across the hood.
You might have had a clear bra installed, but no one will every know.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:14 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
^ they all seriously need to post pics.

The funny thing is if they are truely right we really wonLt notie the clear bra LOL.

So whoever cares to do so post some pics where the clear bra ends or transitions from the hood to the side fender and the hood to the bumper. Otherwise the thread is really worthless

/end rant LOL
Old 09-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Frankyg37s

u can see the bra lines ENJOY

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quick Reply: got my clear bra installed