Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Interior cleaning questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 10:51 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by NonAme
I don't think the wood trim is ACTUALLY wood at all imo. It's just plastic.
It's real, but clear coated like many/most automotive wood trims.

Your leather is also real, but vinyl/clear coated. Same with your paint, and so on...
Old 07-06-2010, 07:30 PM
pattyballs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Use some murphy's soap oil, should work well on the wood trim and I love how it cleans the leather, gives it a kinda dull look. Just make sure you dilute it. I believe its 1/4 cup of murphy's to 5 cups of water.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:29 PM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Adam West
I like to use a soft cotton cloth wet with water to wipe down the interior trim, etc. 303 Aerospace on the trim. I like to use Lexol cleaner & conditioner on the leather surfaces, gives it a nice factory new look without major gloss.
Plus one to all that. 303 is the best for protecting the dash from fading. apply every month or two, and you should be just about UV proof. And not only does lexol seem to make the leather more pliable/softer, but it smells great. It's helped preserve my new car smell for over a year now.....but you need to clean the leather with something Murphyst oil soap or Meg's leather cleaners more so than condition it - clean once a week with meg's and condition once a month or two, and it will really help our cheap leather from cracking early like it tends to do.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Fresh Mobile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was about to wash mine lol. Good thing i read this thread
Mine is dusty as hell but still works really good.

Well...My GF got some make up on the sun visor and how do i remove that and have some mark on the head liner maybe hair greese lol from my friends. Help!!! how do i clean the cloth material?

Originally Posted by TinsleyC
Those California dusters that DigMy35x recommended really do work well.

I have a larger one, had it for years - it's FILTHY (you can't wash them) but still picks up dirt big-time. Will buy another soon. A small one for in the car use is a great idea...
Old 07-08-2010, 08:46 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
are you trying to polish it? if you can, i'd try to stay away from polishing, etc.. at most, take a swifter and grab the dust of it.

i LOVE the swifter. it does so well to clean up all the little pieces of dust on the dash, etc. without scratching, scuffing, etc..