Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Best Wax????

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 08:48 AM
csnpsu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Wax????

About 4 years ago I got hooked on Zaino, I heard it was the best wax ever, and at the time it might have been, but as the years go on I have to believe that there is new wax out there that must be even better. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
<o></o>
Got any recommendations??<o></o>
Old 03-08-2010, 09:22 AM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wrong section, but...

I've used everything from P21S to TechWax. Personally, I have a preference for Collinite due to how long it lasts.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:45 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My favorite without a doubt is the Dodo Juice Supernatural. It is utterly amazing wax to work with and looks stunning.

Dodo Juice Supernatural Wax - 250 ml | Detailed Image
Old 03-08-2010, 10:10 AM
csnpsu

Wow, Dodo Juice Supernatural is very expensive.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:15 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Originally Posted by csnpsu
Wow, Dodo Juice Supernatural is very expensive.
Do what I did, buy the 30 dollar (30 oz) size. (Members also get 10% off). It is enough for 2-3 applications.

If you like it, treat yourself to the 130 dollar size.

Try it and you will fall in love.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:17 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

This is what I NORMALLY use. It is the Mezerna FMJ sealant. It is super easy to use, just wipe on, let it set, and wipe it off. It lasts a long time too.
Menzerna Full Molecular Jacket (FMJ) - 16 oz Kit | Detailed Image

You will not achieve nearly as much of a deep shine, though.

I only use the supernatural for special occasions.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Pwnapples

Advertising for Detailed image ehh. haha.

Zymol is amazing. purely amazing.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:29 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Natty's Blue Paste Wax FTW. Poorboy's World Natty's Blue Paste Wax - 8 oz | Detailed Image
Old 03-08-2010, 09:41 PM
BOXER83

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah

Originally Posted by JLai
Wrong section, but...

I've used everything from P21S to TechWax. Personally, I have a preference for Collinite due to how long it lasts.
This stuff does last a long time. It is used on many apps.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
There is no "best" wax. Which one is best for you depends on what you want out of it. Some (like Collinite) last forever and give great protection, but may not be as deep and glossy a shine as others and are more difficult to apply/remove. Others may have the deepest wettest shine you've ever seen and be super easy to apply and remove, but may only last a week or 2 in the weather. Some look great but cost $2K+. Others look pretty darn good and cost only $20. It really depends on you want out of your wax and what type of look you prefer and your budget.

My advice: experiment and find what suits you.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:11 AM
bikecop136

I like Pinnacle Souveran.....
Old 03-09-2010, 01:30 AM
mw09g37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah in agreement with BB it comes down to what you are looking for. ease of application, color definition, protection, gloss, shine, wetness appearance, etc

I use the z2 and i think it's a a bargain at 10 bucks but it is a little more of a chore to use for most cause of the extended cure time. I think the outcome of Z-5, Z-2, Z-FX, Z-CS is a great combination with final quality hard to match but I also don't always have 4 hours to dedicate to detailing not to mention all 4 bottles = $100.

I also primarily use wolfgang fuzion, IMHO think that stuff is spectacular. the color depth and wetness is eye popping. you don't even have to let it haze, wipe it on, work it on and you're done. Like mentioned before the supernatural is also pretty good. but most people won't spend that kind of money on wax... I mean I'm like itching to use CG's E-zyme... but at the same time I'm not... ha ha
Old 03-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
There is no "best" wax. Which one is best for you depends on what you want out of it. Some (like Collinite) last forever and give great protection, but may not be as deep and glossy a shine as others and are more difficult to apply/remove. Others may have the deepest wettest shine you've ever seen and be super easy to apply and remove, but may only last a week or 2 in the weather. Some look great but cost $2K+. Others look pretty darn good and cost only $20. It really depends on you want out of your wax and what type of look you prefer and your budget.

My advice: experiment and find what suits you.
I honestly can't echo this post enough. Like BB stated, there really is NO best. It really all comes down what your preferences are along with how much you want to spend.

Personally, I never apply my carnuba before my synthetic polymer sealant is applied first. My personal choice is Menzerna FMJ, but again it's personal preference. My choice of carnuba varies, from Nattty's Blue, to Souveran, to Migliore's. It really depends on what you really want out of a final finish.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
i got my g37x about 2 weeks ago, and ive been learning how to polish wax ect. Lots of people on this forums are very experienced and quality detailers. If your like me, and just starting out try something locally available like me. Im trying out the mequiars 3 step and its good, though it takes some time. Try a bunch of everything.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Listen to guys like Shane (Garnet Canuck) who detail cars for a living and can afford a palatial estate by doing it. They must know more than the rest of us and must be doing something right.

Quick Reply: Best Wax????