Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Best Wax????

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 10:25 AM
GatorLexus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have used all of the mentioned wax/polish/sealer products out there. Beyond a question, Optimum liquid spray polymer wax is the best. By best I mean, economical, easy to use by far and it lasts 5 months! It has carnuba that is boned with polymers for durability, the best of both worlds. On a new finish, just spray on and wipe in, done. No more than that. It also has UV protectant that almost no products do. You cannot go wrong wit this spray on and it is so easy you can apply often if you want after you wash maybe every few times. Optimum spray wax is about $15 for a spray bottle that probably lasts maybe 10 to 15 applications.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:37 PM
Beer Magazine

I like what the Meguiars detail school said. Find something you like and use it.

I always tell the story of my 350Z. I Zaino'd it for hours, my neighbor with a G35 of the same color would wash her car and let it dry...both looked the same. Some of the "hype" is really just that.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:32 PM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Beer Magazine
I like what the Meguiars detail school said. Find something you like and use it.

I always tell the story of my 350Z. I Zaino'd it for hours, my neighbor with a G35 of the same color would wash her car and let it dry...both looked the same. Some of the "hype" is really just that.
I've used Zaino for 10 years and tried other products in between. Whether for my summer sports car or daily driver I still use it. Always had great results. It provides great protection and shine for quite a long time and it doesn't take hours to apply.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:07 PM
Beer Magazine

Originally Posted by SkyMG37x
I've used Zaino for 10 years and tried other products in between. Whether for my summer sports car or daily driver I still use it. Always had great results. It provides great protection and shine for quite a long time and it doesn't take hours to apply.

A wash, claybar and Z mix of 4 applications sure does take about 4 hours. It provided a shine that honestly wasn't much different than the gold class I had in the garage...nor look any more shiny than the wash and dry of my neighbor. Most people like to sensationalize things we buy and do.

For me I learned that some of the wax that is hard to get and expensive is no better than the stuff you get a the store. I did like their spray detailer, but found Meguiars Tech Wax to be the same...and I can get it anywhere.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:17 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Beer Magazine
A wash, claybar and Z mix of 4 applications sure does take about 4 hours. It provided a shine that honestly wasn't much different than the gold class I had in the garage...nor look any more shiny than the wash and dry of my neighbor. Most people like to sensationalize things we buy and do.

For me I learned that some of the wax that is hard to get and expensive is no better than the stuff you get a the store. I did like their spray detailer, but found Meguiars Tech Wax to be the same...and I can get it anywhere.
One thing to remember, the Zaino sealant is going to FAR more durable than the gold class.