Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Amateur Detailer shopping list

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by FourT2
Overall, great products, happy with this selection, I had everything I needed to give the baby its first bath. One question though about clear bra. Should I first clean and polish it with Plexus and then apply Optimum (OPT) Opti-Seal? I was not sure so I did not put any sealant on the clear bra this time.
Glad to hear that you enjoyed the products, sounds like everything turned out great. For your clear bra, you'd only want to use one or the other. Plexus will leave behind a coating on the clear bra that may hinder the Opti-Bond to properly adhere to the clear bra. If you wanted more durable protection, I'd strip off the Plexus and protect it with the Opti-Seal.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:19 PM
FourT2

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Detailed Image
Glad to hear that you enjoyed the products, sounds like everything turned out great. For your clear bra, you'd only want to use one or the other. Plexus will leave behind a coating on the clear bra that may hinder the Opti-Bond to properly adhere to the clear bra. If you wanted more durable protection, I'd strip off the Plexus and protect it with the Opti-Seal.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, I will probably stick with Plexus for clear bra and sealant for the rest of the car.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:28 AM
FourT2

Used Fade 2 Black today to restore all-season mats in our MDX (old and in bad shape). Floor mats look great, but what I didn't realize is how slick this stuff is. I had to remove the driver side mat as the slippery surface is a safety issue. Tried to clean the mat with Optimum Power Clean and scrubbed it real good but the mat is still slippery. So what's the best way to get Fade 2 Black off or is it time for a new mat?
Old 02-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by FourT2
Used Fade 2 Black today to restore all-season mats in our MDX (old and in bad shape). Floor mats look great, but what I didn't realize is how slick this stuff is. I had to remove the driver side mat as the slippery surface is a safety issue. Tried to clean the mat with Optimum Power Clean and scrubbed it real good but the mat is still slippery. So what's the best way to get Fade 2 Black off or is it time for a new mat?
I'd try using the Power Clean again after it has dried and if that hasn't taken the Fade 2 Black off, you'd probably want to get another mat. After you let the Power Clean dwell for a few minutes, use some warm/hot water and a microfiber towel and agitate the mat again.

I use Fade 2 Black on wheel wells and in the engine bay, I haven't found many other effective uses for it other than those couple areas. Let me know if that ends up working for you.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:32 PM
FourT2

Originally Posted by Detailed Image
I'd try using the Power Clean again after it has dried and if that hasn't taken the Fade 2 Black off, you'd probably want to get another mat. After you let the Power Clean dwell for a few minutes, use some warm/hot water and a microfiber towel and agitate the mat again.

I use Fade 2 Black on wheel wells and in the engine bay, I haven't found many other effective uses for it other than those couple areas. Let me know if that ends up working for you.
will give it a try and will post back with the results. What do you think about cleaning it with alcohol?