Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Good portable vacuum?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 12:23 PM
drahc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good portable vacuum?

I'm up in the northeast and I work in a location where they use heavy sand during the winter. My new G37 is getting dirt transfer even with all weather mats, especially around the gas pedal. Anyone have an suggestions for a good little portable vacuum that plugs into the outlet and I could keep in my car or is it not worth it and just drag out the home vaccum when I can and do it then?
Old 01-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I like the Metro Vac 'n Go Portable Vacuum. I detail on the side and use this when doing mobile details or even sometimes when at my home where I have a much bigger vac. This thing has plenty of suction and is super light weight. It makes it easy to keep in the trunk so that you can use it when you need it.

I'd definitely consider it if I were you. Definitely worth the $79.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:33 PM
SnoopDawg

drahc, why not get a smaller vacuum for your garage that you don't have to "drag out" and is easier to work with? I picked up the Metro Vacuums Vac 'n Blo | Detailed Image and its fantastic for the mats and I really like the ability to use the "blower" to get all the water out of the grill/mirrors/spoiler after I wash it so it doesnt spot.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackjack
I like the Metro Vac 'n Go Portable Vacuum. I detail on the side and use this when doing mobile details or even sometimes when at my home where I have a much bigger vac. This thing has plenty of suction and is super light weight. It makes it easy to keep in the trunk so that you can use it when you need it.

I'd definitely consider it if I were you. Definitely worth the $79.
That looks like a nice one. I use a small 8 gallon shop vac for my mobile detailing but this one is certainly more portable. It has great suction power eh?
Old 01-09-2010, 07:21 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
That looks like a nice one. I use a small 8 gallon shop vac for my mobile detailing but this one is certainly more portable. It has great suction power eh?
Yup! I love it. I have a shop vac as well that I use when doing detailing at home, but when I do a mobile job, I use the Metro.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackjack
Yup! I love it. I have a shop vac as well that I use when doing detailing at home, but when I do a mobile job, I use the Metro.
Good stuff, thanks Brian. Looks like I'll be getting one of these in the spring!
Old 01-10-2010, 05:06 PM
drahc

Thanks for the responses! Can both the Go and Blo run off of the outlet if needed? Noob question..does the infinti have an outlet or would I need a converter?

I don't see dimensions on either on the site, how big are they? That vac and blo is 4hp verse .75 for the go.... that is a beast and comes with every small tool you could want. I may get one of those and keep it in the garage.