Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Need some advice on pre-winter waxing

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 10:39 PM
infin1t3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some advice on pre-winter waxing

So I fully detailed my BO g37 with menzerna 2 step polish, poorboys glaze, poorboys sealant, then wax about 2 months ago.

Ive been using quick detailer atleast every 2 weeks since my detail.

Was wondering how long the sealant and wax should last and what I should use before winter considering I live in Winnipeg, Canada.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:13 AM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by infin1t3
So I fully detailed my BO g37 with menzerna 2 step polish, poorboys glaze, poorboys sealant, then wax about 2 months ago.

Ive been using quick detailer atleast every 2 weeks since my detail.

Was wondering how long the sealant and wax should last and what I should use before winter considering I live in Winnipeg, Canada.
I usually give the Poorboy's sealants 3 - 4 months before reapplying. Waxes typically last around 4 weeks on average. I'd say by mid-October you want to strip off your protection and start with a fresh coat of sealant for the winter. If you get a nice day between end of January and mid-Feb, I'd try to get another coat applied then. You probably see harsher winters than most, so reapplying closer to that 3 month mark would be ideal.

Hope this helps,

George
Old 09-04-2009, 01:23 AM
infin1t3

Alright thanks, that does help. I also had a couple unrelated to winterizing...

First, I am now onto my fifth car that I have detailed using a porter 7424 and was wondering if getting a bit of the colour of the car's paint on the pad is a bad sign or not. It has only happened on two of the cars and when it has happened it was not because I was pushing to hard down on the surface.

Second, should I being using a white pad on 6 speed for Menzerna Super Finish Nano Polish PO106FA
Old 09-04-2009, 11:11 AM
Pat

Originally Posted by infin1t3
Alright thanks, that does help. I also had a couple unrelated to winterizing...

First, I am now onto my fifth car that I have detailed using a porter 7424 and was wondering if getting a bit of the colour of the car's paint on the pad is a bad sign or not. It has only happened on two of the cars and when it has happened it was not because I was pushing to hard down on the surface.

Second, should I being using a white pad on 6 speed for Menzerna Super Finish Nano Polish PO106FA
When you see the vehicles paint color transfer to the pad it is usually a sign of single stage paint, paint that does not have a clear coat, so it is completely normal. What vehicles did you experience this on, my guess is that they were a bit older?

For 106FA on a white pad I would spread it at 1.5-2 and then bring it up to 5.5-6 to break the polish down, followed by slowing to 3-4 to finish up.