Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

bird poop?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 05:27 PM
MyGcoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bird poop?

Once a bird has done its thing on the paint, what is the best way to remove it?

also...

what is the best way to protect the paint prior to bird droppings?

(If it matters I have an 08 BO coupe in Southern Cal.)
Old 07-21-2009, 05:33 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Some Quick Detailer should be able to get rid of any droppings in between washes. Clay the area afterwards to get rid of any contaminants that may harm the paint. And believe me, there will be some contaminants. Best way to protect your paint is to get a detail from a legit detailer who knows what he's doing. You'd need to get the whole car clayed, polished (can be a multi-step polish depending on how bad your paint's condition is) then waxed and sealed. Should be good to go after that

Old 07-21-2009, 10:39 PM
Dan1

If it just happened, all you need to do is wipe it off with a microfiber towel and some QD. Or if the car is dirty just wash it. If there is still some left after the wash, try wiping with QD or alcohol. No reason to use anything abrasive like clay if it just happened.

Now if its been sitting there and has etched the paint, then it may be necessary to clay/ polish.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:05 AM
MyGcoupe

Originally Posted by Dan1
If it just happened, all you need to do is wipe it off with a microfiber towel and some QD. Or if the car is dirty just wash it. If there is still some left after the wash, try wiping with QD or alcohol. No reason to use anything abrasive like clay if it just happened.

Now if its been sitting there and has etched the paint, then it may be necessary to clay/ polish.
Whats QD (is that quick detailer?) and how is it used? where can i get it?
Old 07-22-2009, 09:56 AM
Dan1

Yes, you can get it at advance auto. Just spray it on and wipe off.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:21 PM
MyGcoupe

what if it's dry and becomes crusty? i dont want to pick @ it. (this happend on our explorer and we just kinda scratched it off but i dont want to do this to the G's paint, if it were to to happen)
Old 07-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Dan1

Wash it.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:42 PM
LuckyLuke
Registered Member

You have to wash it off immediately.. or it will eat thru your clearcoat..
Old 07-27-2009, 02:45 PM
leeyeegue

Originally Posted by Dan1

u shouldn't use alcohol lol! i used it long long time ago, the paint came off lmao
Old 07-27-2009, 03:17 PM
'TardPatrol
Banned

Originally Posted by MyGcoupe
what if it's dry and becomes crusty? i dont want to pick @ it.
Soak a microfiber cloth in water or QD and let it sit on the poo 'till it's wet again if you don't have time to wash it right away. Once it's nice and wet, gently wipe it with a lifting motion on the cloth.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:58 PM
Nocturnal
Registered Member

I just found some on my door panel. The door panel is black. Wish I would've looked here first. I wiped it off with just a regular towel and some water. I had to give it some elbow work but now you can see scratches lol. I screwed up big time.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:45 AM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
i would never use a towel of any kind to take off fresh bird poop. there's a lot of dirt/sand/grit in bird poop. if it's fresh, hose it off. if you have no hose, use water from a bucket or cup (bottled if that's all you have) and get most of it off. use quick detailer and mf towel after the bulk of the poop is rinsed off the car to remove all the acid. if the poop is dry, you are too late. most likely will have eaten through the paint and left a stain, especially if it was hot and sunny. you will need professional help at this point. also, i've never seen any product that will prevent this ahead of time. if anyone know of anything that actually works, please post up.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:04 AM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Some have recommened JetSeal 109. Anyone had a bird "test" it?
Old 12-09-2009, 12:20 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn it...a bird (or 3) did a number on my car last night. I had class right after, so I didn't have time to wash it off. It's still there since I was running late for work this morning, but I plan on cleaning it during lunch (couple hours from now). I hope my paint will be okay until then....

I wonder what's worse, white poop or brown poop. I have white on my car right now...

Last edited by chasemyaccord; 12-09-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:57 PM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've had three seperate "poop" incidents, all of which I didn't notice until it had baked in the sun all day. They all came clean but you can still see the splash pattern in the paint at certain angles from where it ate through the clearcoat.

Combined with the millions of swirls all over the car and the rock/bug chips all over my bumper and hood, I'd say I officially have the worst looking finish of any G37 here...

Quick Reply: bird poop?