Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Clear bra for your G?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 11:00 PM
Sytrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ahfoh
Planning to get Ventureshield for my G. Any good installer in SFO or San Jose area?

Thanks in advance!
I started this thread and just got my G installed 2 weeks ago. I am somewhat happy with it. The installer did a great job, he uses Ventureshield ultra. So, if you want his info, pm me.

The reason I am just "somewhat" happy is because I have a white car. What happened was that I was wiping down the front and found an half inch wide yellow spot on the shield protecting the lower lip. I couldn't get it out, the surface was smooth. It was my 2nd day of driving after the installation. I took it back to the guy, he said that something I hit, a bug or something, caused the chemical reaction. He said it actually happens on every car, but on white, it shows....

I guess that's why on the Ventureshield warranty card, it specifically said that you have to take care of your shield as described, else it is not covered for "White" car. Just for white car...nothing else...
Old 07-04-2009, 01:04 AM
Invisibra

Don't sweat it.. I've had many stains in clearbra, caused by bugs, or even a sappy tree leaf. Let the sun bleach it right back out again, & you are good to go. I've never seen a stain last more than 2 weeks. (If you park it indoors all the time, it may not go away though.)
Old 07-04-2009, 02:02 PM
alis

clear bra for the car in Houston

Does anyone have any recommendations for an installer in Houston? I am supposed to get my G next week and want to get the clearBra installed. Can you pls also tell me how much they charge?

Thanks,
Old 07-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Sytrash

Originally Posted by Invisibra
Don't sweat it.. I've had many stains in clearbra, caused by bugs, or even a sappy tree leaf. Let the sun bleach it right back out again, & you are good to go. I've never seen a stain last more than 2 weeks. (If you park it indoors all the time, it may not go away though.)
You are right. I can't seem to find it easily anymore. It is going away, looks like.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:27 PM
Sytrash

I think I need your help again. I saw some black smudge on my bumper, feels oily,so I try to clean it with water first, it is 90% gone. But, the last 10%, I try rub it harder, couldn't get it out. Try using quick detailer, no use. I am getting that sick feeling again, should I use mild detergent next? Need help...it seems like the bra is harder to maintain then the paint...

Oh, one more piece of information, the surface feels silky smooth now...just the black smudge still there...
Old 07-13-2009, 11:38 PM
Invisibra

Any idea what caused the smudge? Did it seem like road tar, or?? If it is a oil based stain, you can use a solvent, like 3m's adhesive remover. Don't let it sit on there for a long time, but just dab it on with a paper towel & wipe it away. If it doesn't go away that way, then again let the sun work on it.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:40 PM
HTP AutoWorks

Originally Posted by Sytrash
I think I need your help again. I saw some black smudge on my bumper, feels oily,so I try to clean it with water first, it is 90% gone. But, the last 10%, I try rub it harder, couldn't get it out. Try using quick detailer, no use. I am getting that sick feeling again, should I use mild detergent next? Need help...it seems like the bra is harder to maintain then the paint...

Oh, one more piece of information, the surface feels silky smooth now...just the black smudge still there...
Its an easy fix. Take a microfiber rag and some isopropyl alchohol. Dab the rag onto the black spot. Do not rub it or try adn scrub it off. The alchohol will go into the film and then lift out the smudge when it evaporates. Let it soak in and then let it sit for a while. Then come back and wipe off with a detailer. You really need to get a good sealant for your clear bra. I have found Zaino works really well.. and I personally use an acrlic polish/sealant on mine. Over the last year I have been using it and giving it to my clients with their installs... and it prevents the film from staining.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:30 AM
Sytrash

Any idea what caused the smudge? Did it seem like road tar, or?? If it is a oil based stain, you can use a solvent, like 3m's adhesive remover. Don't let it sit on there for a long time, but just dab it on with a paper towel & wipe it away. If it doesn't go away that way, then again let the sun work on it.
It's kind of oily black smudge, penny size before cleaned, don't know what it was...majority of it was easily lift up at first, but the last 10% wasn't going away.

Adhesive Remover? Is it same as alcohol like the other said? I only have rubbing alcohol at home, so that's what I am trying next...
Old 07-14-2009, 01:07 AM
Sytrash

Unhappy

Originally Posted by HTP AutoWorks
Its an easy fix. Take a microfiber rag and some isopropyl alchohol. Dab the rag onto the black spot. Do not rub it or try adn scrub it off. The alchohol will go into the film and then lift out the smudge when it evaporates. Let it soak in and then let it sit for a while. Then come back and wipe off with a detailer. You really need to get a good sealant for your clear bra. I have found Zaino works really well.. and I personally use an acrlic polish/sealant on mine. Over the last year I have been using it and giving it to my clients with their installs... and it prevents the film from staining.
Ok, I tried to use alchohol. I just let it sit there for a minute, and then wipe it off. Maybe it's too quick, it didn't seem to work.

One thing I notice though, cause I tried to dab some alchohol on a piece of extra shield I have first, it left some marks on it without rubbing or anything. But, I thought it is probably less noticeable than the smudge...

Anything else I can do? Right now it is not very noticeable, but it's night time, I only have limited fluorescent light...

Thanks for your advise.

sy
Old 07-14-2009, 07:12 AM
HTP AutoWorks

Originally Posted by Sytrash
Ok, I tried to use alchohol. I just let it sit there for a minute, and then wipe it off. Maybe it's too quick, it didn't seem to work.

One thing I notice though, cause I tried to dab some alchohol on a piece of extra shield I have first, it left some marks on it without rubbing or anything. But, I thought it is probably less noticeable than the smudge...

Anything else I can do? Right now it is not very noticeable, but it's night time, I only have limited fluorescent light...

Thanks for your advise.

sy
It shouldt leave any marks on it if you dont run on the film. It needsto soak in and then evaporate out. So try and wipe it down this morning with a detailer and see wht happens.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Sytrash

Originally Posted by HTP AutoWorks
It shouldt leave any marks on it if you dont run on the film. It needsto soak in and then evaporate out. So try and wipe it down this morning with a detailer and see wht happens.
I tried to wipe it down again this morning, still doesn't work. I am gonna try your method again tonite when I get home. After I dab the alchohol on, how long do you recommend to let it sit before wiping down with wet towel? So, I can follow the instruction more tightly...and if it still doesn't work, what other steps could I take?

Thanks again for your advise, I can only hope there is a solution...
Old 07-14-2009, 03:43 PM
safin25

Where Can I get this done in the tri-state area (ny-nj-ct) any recommendations! can the dealer do this as well?
Old 07-15-2009, 08:30 AM
KLB

I just got one yesterday. I got it through my dealer in Chicago. I could not find anyone close by, so I went to them. Normally they try to sell you one when you buy the car, but the person that normally does that was not there when I was getting mine, so they did not. I paid $695 for a Ventureshield bra, which seems in line with what others have paid.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:00 PM
safin25

any recommended installers in NY/NJ? help
Old 09-24-2009, 09:29 PM
tufts0207

So I pick up my new wheels on Saturday and I have an appointment that afternoon to drop off the car to get ventureshielded. A couple quick questions...

1. Is it a lot more to cover the whole hood?
2. Is it worth covering the whole hood?
3. Does it look good/bad to cover the whole hood?

I do want to protect the paint but I also want the car to look beautiful...

4. Do they apply the venture shield to the front bumper and rear bumper? One of my biggest pet peeves is when parallel parkers bump cars getting in and out and scuff up the bumpers

5. Lastly, how should I protect the doors from dings? Dealer was offering $1400 plan to protect against dings but that is way too much in my opinion. The plan only last 3 years too.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Clear bra for your G?