Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Clear bra for your G?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 03:21 AM
Reno-ID-Doc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know for sure you can have the option of having it removed in the future when you so desire.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:19 AM
Tariq - G37x S

Originally Posted by Reno-ID-Doc
I know for sure you can have the option of having it removed in the future when you so desire.
Can someone please help me understand, why would someone remove the clear bra? Do people do this when they intend to sell the vehicle?
Wouldn't the new owners of the car want to have this protection as well?

Is there ever really a need to remove it?

When stones hit the clear bra, does the shield get damaged?
Old 06-17-2009, 09:33 AM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can remove it without damaging the paint. Also the paint beneath the film should fade at the same rate as the unprotected paint since there's no UV filtering so the only difference would be that the protected film has no chips or blemishes.

Why would you remove it? Maybe the harsh canuck winters leave the film scratched up (there is a clearcoat on it) and you've decided it needs to be replaced or removed. It's up to you.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Sytrash

Thanks for your info guys. My bumper already had some chipped spots, so I was worry that if and when pulling the film out, the chipped spots might cause some more paint to come out with it...
Old 06-17-2009, 10:00 PM
HTP AutoWorks

Originally Posted by Sytrash
Thanks for your info guys. My bumper already had some chipped spots, so I was worry that if and when pulling the film out, the chipped spots might cause some more paint to come out with it...
It wont happen. So that really isnt anything to worry about. But if you dont get a kit you will end up getting even more chips.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:21 AM
Graflo

My dealership wanted $1,000 so I told them I didn't want to pay that much for some heated saran wrap. I've had the car for 2 months and I am kicking myself for not getting it. I will have the nicks fixed and install the clear bra next month I think.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:33 AM
Invisibra

Many of you guys are mentioning that for the $500 to $1000 you can just get your car's front end re-painted, but consider this:

1. body shop paint is even more likely to chip than factory paint.

2. You get the car re-painted, & then on the 10 mile drive home you get 2 chips... Then 5 more next week. With the clearbra, the chips stop.

3. In a parking lot 'rub' accident, I've seen cars where we just needed to pull off the damaged clearbra, & the paint & bumper underneath was perfect. Apply new bra, & you head down the road without loosing the car for a week to a body shop for re-paint. (No guarantees here, but I've seen at least 4 BIG rubs that didn't damage the bumper or paint. A hard collision will still jack it up)

The most difficult thing with getting a job done is getting a quality install. I prefer 3m, but it is also one of the more difficult materials to work with. But it weathers the best. IMO - 14+ years experience installing.

Most of you guys are not near Las vegas, & I'm not trying to solicit work here, but if you have questions, please post them up.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:11 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

^I couldn't agree more with the bra vs. "just repaint" discussion. Well said.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:52 AM
KLB

It surely isn't easy to find a dealer for this. In NW Indiana I can't seem to find anyone. Anyone have any good results from a shop in the South Chicago Suburbs or NW Indiana?
Old 06-19-2009, 08:10 AM
HTP AutoWorks

Call Rick at bodyskins.com. He is a great installer in the Chicago area. Tell him Thom sent you.

Originally Posted by KLB
It surely isn't easy to find a dealer for this. In NW Indiana I can't seem to find anyone. Anyone have any good results from a shop in the South Chicago Suburbs or NW Indiana?
Old 06-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Kwang

I got the partial hood (bikini cut), front bumper, head lights, partial fender, the front pillars, and top of the rear bumper for $800 installed. Orange County, CA prices for ya.... lol
Old 07-02-2009, 05:46 PM
ahfoh

Planning to get Ventureshield for my G. Any good installer in SFO or San Jose area?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-02-2009, 07:07 PM
07BlackG35Stud

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get it. I had it on my G35 and now have it on my G37 and I have nothing but great things to say about it! In fact, you can easily tell how well it works - after a while, as rock chips on my grill are becoming slightly visible, I have yet to see one anywhere else on the car. This is a good indication that it actually works, since the only part of the front of my car that is not protected is the grill.

I also do highway driving on a daily basis.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:01 AM
Tariq - G37x S

clear bra for top of rear bumper?

I've seen in this forum that some include the top of the rear bumper for the clear bra install, what purpose does this serve?
Old 07-03-2009, 09:40 AM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tariq - G37x S
I've seen in this forum that some include the top of the rear bumper for the clear bra install, what purpose does this serve?
Since that's a high traffic area for things going into and out of the trunk, and there's always the chance that something drags across the top of the bumper, that piece protects against those scrapes and scratches.

Quick Reply: Clear bra for your G?