Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Clear bra for your G?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 11:03 PM
d999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did the whole hood, both front quarter panels, both headlights, and the entire front bumper. Also the rear bumper just below the trunk, all 4 door edges and all 4 door handle wells. $1000 for all and well worth it.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:33 AM
mindonmatter

I don't even have my G yet, but....
I just got a quote yesterday for Ventureshield. $550 for hood, bumper, fenders, mirrors and headlights. I guess I found a really good deal, seeing what some of you guys are paying. Anyone in Houston, PM me if you want to know where.

They also quoted me $299 for a Huper Optik 30 tint job.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:44 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

^Make sure you look at some of their work or get some testimonials. Price doesn't always equal a "good deal" if you know what I mean. Installation with any clear bra product is more important than the product itself.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:57 AM
mindonmatter

Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37
^Make sure you look at some of their work or get some testimonials. Price doesn't always equal a "good deal" if you know what I mean. Installation with any clear bra product is more important than the product itself.
Yeah, I know what you mean. This is a very reputable place in Houston, and I've used them for tint and alarm installs in the past. They're one of the better tint/stereo/custom shops in the area.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:59 AM
mindonmatter

Sorry....double post.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:09 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

Then it IS a good deal.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:48 AM
Reno-ID-Doc

Last week, I just got my Ventureshield applied by Sierra Invisible Shield here in Reno. For $675 I got the front hood area, bumpers, and headlights. It also included the side view mirror (front area), and the rear bumper's small area just right below the trunk opening.

Never regret having this. Quite unnoticeable, but gives best protection. The owner Mr. Dexter Baker was very nice & accomodating. Apparently during his attendance on a retailers' convention to the company's headquarters, the product was known to be applied to helicopter rotors to give the rotors durable protection.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:59 AM
Sytrash

I just checked my car, I've only driven it for 3 times, and there's already paint chipped!

For those who've installed the clear bra, how does it look when rocks hit the clear bra protected bumper? Does it leave a mark or what does it do?
Old 06-12-2009, 02:15 AM
Reno-ID-Doc

The best evidence I experienced is a powdery streak that easily washes off with lukewarm water. Where it is priceless is on bird droppings. You can hose it off easier.

My wife's car is an older `01 Nissan Sentra with no clear bra. As each year goes by, I swear it can be a candidate for NASA's sapce shuttle study on high velocity meteorite impacts. Haha...
Old 06-12-2009, 07:53 AM
HTP AutoWorks

Originally Posted by mindonmatter
Yeah, I know what you mean. This is a very reputable place in Houston, and I've used them for tint and alarm installs in the past. They're one of the better tint/stereo/custom shops in the area.
Yeah that doesnt always equate to a good clear bra installer. I have seen numerous times where "tint" guys thought they could do a clear bra install. Well they were better at tint and lets just leave it at that. Check out there work or find a clear bra only installer. Thats how they make their living... and in this business you wont make it very long without word of mouth advertising.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:48 AM
mindonmatter

Originally Posted by HTP AutoWorks
Yeah that doesnt always equate to a good clear bra installer. I have seen numerous times where "tint" guys thought they could do a clear bra install. Well they were better at tint and lets just leave it at that. Check out there work or find a clear bra only installer. Thats how they make their living... and in this business you wont make it very long without word of mouth advertising.
I've seen their work. Thank you for the concern.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:45 PM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Reno-ID-Doc
Apparently during his attendance on a retailers' convention to the company's headquarters, the product was known to be applied to helicopter rotors to give the rotors durable protection.
Actually the 3M product was originally designed to protect helecopter blades after they were getting seriously damaged in the first gulf war due to sand erosion during landing and take-off. 3M then started using that product on cars but noticed it would turn yellow after a while which was not an issue for the military application. Ventureshield claims to not have this problem.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:29 PM
chillinuf

Originally Posted by Sytrash
For $600, what coverages do you get? Partial hood, bumper, fenders, side mirrors?

Sy
front fascia, ~1/3 of the hood, , front quarters (He went a few inches behind the headlights to give you an idea of where the line is across the fenders and hood), mirrors. Alan Seligman out of Orlando did an AMAZING job! I'm extremely picky and was blown away with how he did. He pretty much spend all day getting it just right.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:26 AM
pharm30

dealer said their "special" was $895.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:33 PM
Sytrash

So I dropped off the car for the clear bra installation. But just thought of if the clear bra can be removed in the future? Or it's pretty much there forever? Any idea?

Quick Reply: Clear bra for your G?