Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

My Toughest Detail Yet =/

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 03:40 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey IVoid, now you know how some of the newbies feel when they read YOUR posts about modding a car that is not really yours, but is referred to as HER car, but you spend all the money and do all the.......ah, forget it, now I'm confused
Old 04-29-2009, 03:52 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
No, you have it all backward. Gamedog's GF's brother is the truck owner, not his sister's BF!

Either way, I think after so much debate that noodz of the GF/sister are now in order.
LMAO! K you got PM

Originally Posted by Ivoidwarranties
Oh, I get it now. So actually, the brother really doesn't owe David anything since he already ponied up the sister. I'm on track now (sorry, I was still sleeping, damn nightshift).

Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37
Hey IVoid, now you know how some of the newbies feel when they read YOUR posts about modding a car that is not really yours, but is referred to as HER car, but you spend all the money and do all the.......ah, forget it, now I'm confused
Old 04-29-2009, 04:53 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
No you got it right, and I know you're not confused. The G37 is a very nice car (for a girl).

But I want to remind you, I have my own cars that suck up most my money. Her G is just a side project with a lot of limitations and restrictions. The newbies can figure my posts out at their leasure, the very few car guys on here are the ones I care about. When I say "car guys", I mean guys that are into all cars and not just the one daddy bought them to get through college. I've discussed many a cars with Gamedog. Blackjack has a killer street rod he's working on. You yourself just bought my dream car (though the last couple years I've been changing it to a 69 Boss 302 instead of the Mach). And there's a few others as well. My point being, I like to confuse the newbies. Actually that wasn't my point but it's true none the less. I hate to see your G go Keith because I fear you won't be around as often, but boy did you step it up in the manhood department.
I'm going back to bed now.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
No you got it right, and I know you're not confused. The G37 is a very nice car (for a girl).

But I want to remind you, I have my own cars that suck up most my money. Her G is just a side project with a lot of limitations and restrictions. The newbies can figure my posts out at their leasure, the very few car guys on here are the ones I care about. When I say "car guys", I mean guys that are into all cars and not just the one daddy bought them to get through college. I've discussed many a cars with Gamedog. Blackjack has a killer street rod he's working on. You yourself just bought my dream car (though the last couple years I've been changing it to a 69 Boss 302 instead of the Mach). And there's a few others as well. My point being, I like to confuse the newbies. Actually that wasn't my point but it's true none the less. I hate to see your G go Keith because I fear you won't be around as often, but boy did you step it up in the manhood department.
I'm going back to bed now.
Are you a car guy if your dream cars include a '69 GTO "The Judge" and a '70 'Cuda convertible? That's when cars were cars.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:59 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Are you a car guy if your dream cars include a '69 GTO "The Judge" and a '70 'Cuda convertible? That's when cars were cars.

Yes. And don't forget the 454 Chevelle SS, RS/SS Camaro, big winged cars, Hemi anything... Yeah, those were some good years.

My new dream car is a Pantera GT5-S with a supercharged built LS2. Anyone got one of those yet?
Old 04-29-2009, 11:09 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Yes. And don't forget the 454 Chevelle SS, RS/SS Camaro, big winged cars, Hemi anything... Yeah, those were some good years.

My new dream car is a Pantera GT5-S with a supercharged built LS2. Anyone got one of those yet?
Those 2 I listed are my some of my favorite examples of old school American muscle. My GM dream car and my Mopar dream car. Having trouble settling on any Ford.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:11 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

BB, you need to go OLD SCHOOL now. I just looked at a beautiful 1970 Challenger in Go Mango the other day with a 440 six pack and the "Pistol Grip" shifter. YOU NEED ONE OF THESE!!

Go to Volocars dot com

I had to move the Stang over in the garage a few minutes ago and woke up the whole damn neighborhood!!!!!!! Shit, this is fun.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:31 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

BB, you need to go OLD SCHOOL now. I just looked at a beautiful 1970 Challenger in Go Mango the other day with a 440 six pack and the "Pistol Grip" shifter. YOU NEED ONE OF THESE!!

I had to move the Stang over in the garage a few minutes ago and woke up the whole damn neighborhood!!!!!!! Shit, this is fun.
Dammnit stop tempting me! I'll have to do that when I find myself between wives, because the one I have now is simply not going for it. When I get your age, I hope to be fully retired and have the time and energy to devote to doing a full frame off restoration of at least one muscle car. The others I can buy and just tweak. In the future.

Check this one out. Aside for the paint which should be a capital offense, this is an awesome car. 3, count them 3, 2 barrel carburetors! No boost needed.

I love my G but I miss cars like this that I learned about cars with. You could actually work on and tune these in your garage yourself and not put as much money into the car as it costs. No CEL lights. NO ECU issues. But this one doesn't require much tuning at all, just some sticky tires and driving skill to keep it on the road.

440 cu in (7.2 L) V8 Six-Pack: (3 × 2-barrel carburetors) 390 bhp/490 lb·ft 1970-1971
Old 04-30-2009, 09:33 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

^I love Challengers and that one is sick. My wife is the one who told me to buy the Stang instead of the Go Mango Challenger. Prices are good right now and they will definately go up from here so get one now and piddle with it over the next couple of years and sell it for a profit if you need to. Who said a car has to be a depreciating asset! The Stang is my own personal Hedge Fund.

I took my 12 year old daughter out for a ride and the stares, horn honks, thumbs up were incredible. She said "I feel like a movie star". Ha!!!!!!!!!!!
Could never get that reaction in the G.

I've signed up for my first car show May 9th, so the fun begins!
Old 04-30-2009, 11:13 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Panteras are hot stuff man. Yet to see one with a supercharged LS2 tho DO IT!

Dammnit stop tempting me! I'll have to do that when I find myself between wives, because the one I have now is simply not going for it. When I get your age, I hope to be fully retired and have the time and energy to devote to doing a full frame off restoration of at least one muscle car. The others I can buy and just tweak. In the future.

Check this one out. Aside for the paint which should be a capital offense, this is an awesome car. 3, count them 3, 2 barrel carburetors! No boost needed.

I love my G but I miss cars like this that I learned about cars with. You could actually work on and tune these in your garage yourself and not put as much money into the car as it costs. No CEL lights. NO ECU issues. But this one doesn't require much tuning at all, just some sticky tires and driving skill to keep it on the road.

440 cu in (7.2 L) V8 Six-Pack: (3 × 2-barrel carburetors) 390 bhp/490 lb·ft 1970-1971
Get it Betty! I'd drive a pink car any day if it was Challenger Mopar had some crazy colors back then. From Banana Yellow to Plum Crazy They sure pulled it off though

Oh and that pic was taken at a weekly car meet/show we have out here in Irvine Nothing but BEAUTIFUL cars!

^I love Challengers and that one is sick. My wife is the one who told me to buy the Stang instead of the Go Mango Challenger. Prices are good right now and they will definately go up from here so get one now and piddle with it over the next couple of years and sell it for a profit if you need to. Who said a car has to be a depreciating asset! The Stang is my own personal Hedge Fund.

I took my 12 year old daughter out for a ride and the stares, horn honks, thumbs up were incredible. She said "I feel like a movie star". Ha!!!!!!!!!!!
Could never get that reaction in the G.

I've signed up for my first car show May 9th, so the fun begins!
Sweet! Man I miss being in those shows They have open header cruising out here in a couple of yearly car shows I'd participate in. Nothing like revvin a Big Block to about 6500 rpms while running open header I honestly think thats where my true passion is. Loud cars and loud bikes. The G will be outta my life soon too it seems.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:42 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

Yeah Dog, the cool thing is I can mess with this beast and it is exempt from having to be smog tested in Cook County because it is over 25 years old.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 11:44 AM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Gamedog
The G will be outta my life soon too it seems.
What are you talking about?
Old 04-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Yeah Dog, the cool thing is I can mess with this beast and it is exempt from having to be smog tested in Cook County because it is over 25 years old.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!
Nice. I helped build my cousin's 351 for his 68 Mustang a few years ago. Thing isn't anywhere close to being smog legal

What are you talking about?
Well don't get me wrong I love the G, but I grew up workin on my dad's 72 Jeep CJ5, my brother's 69 Nova, my 69 Dart, and a bunch of other classics. I got the G more for luxury, not really for performance. Because let's be honest, the interior of a 69 Dart compared to the G is a no-brainer. It has so many gadgets that it made my head spin when i first got it. But turning 11's in a streetable muscle car with an interior that has enough to get you by is all i need/want. I tell my girl all the time about how much I miss having a muscle car. Everything from the lumpy idle while sitting at a stop sign, to the neck snapping torque you get at 1200 rpms in a hot rod. She knows, as well as all of my closest friends, that my true passion is muscle cars. I'll keep the G for another year or so, but I doubt I will invest anymore $ into it. Unless I just TT the sonuvabitch
Old 04-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

My thoughts exactly! The G37 is a very nice car (for a girl).
Old 05-04-2009, 02:02 AM
w0ady

wow you did a great job.