Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

foamaster II question

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 06:09 PM
mi000ke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
foamaster II question

Just got my foamaster II from DI and saw the table that says how much shampoo to use on each setting. My question: as long as I keep the proportion of shampoo to water correct, does it make any difference what setting I use. I know that A or B is probably too thick, so is there any difference between C, D or E as long as I use the right dilution ratio? The only thing I could think of was (if I understand this right) that using a more concentrated mix and a slower distribution setting (e.g., C instead of E) will let me go longer between refills - is that right?
Old 04-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by mi000ke
Just got my foamaster II from DI and saw the table that says how much shampoo to use on each setting. My question: as long as I keep the proportion of shampoo to water correct, does it make any difference what setting I use. I know that A or B is probably too thick, so is there any difference between C, D or E as long as I use the right dilution ratio? The only thing I could think of was (if I understand this right) that using a more concentrated mix and a slower distribution setting (e.g., C instead of E) will let me go longer between refills - is that right?
You got it. As long as you're resulting in the same shampoo to water ratio, it doesn't matter which setting you use. For example, if you put 32 oz of shampoo with 32 oz of water and used setting A, it should give you the same foam as using 2.6 oz of shampoo and 61.4 oz of water on setting E. Both would result in .5 oz shampoo per gallon of water you dispense.

Setting E is going to drain your canister much faster since it pulls out 12 oz of mixture per gallon that passes instead of Setting A which pulls out 1/12th as much at 1 oz of mixture per gallon of water that you dispense.

Hope this helps. Thanks again for your support

George